Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ELL

KM-2050 Scanner-PC Issues

I am having problems with scanner not scanning to pcs. Just moved and the set-up initially worked on one workstation. I added new pcs in Scanner Address Utility and added Scanner File Utility to other workstations. I sent the updated info to the scanner from the Address Utility.

When I select the "scan to pc", all the pcs are listed in the "select sender" list. Then I go to the "send to user pc" to turn it on, and it gives error "unable to find destination pc. check pc". I have tried it with the original pc and the new ones, but I am getting same result. (Now I cannot scan anything). I have checked the settings on the server Scanner Address Utility, and it seems scanner IP, worskstation pc IP are ok. However the software does not connect to scanner.

The only thing I can think of at this time is that I may have overridden Host Name accidently on Address Utility but am unsure. I have no idea what it would be. Is there a way to find the Host Name on the KM-2050? Any other ideas would help.

Thanks, Eric

scan

if you are using windows xp the windows firewall will block the scan to file
    you need to add to allow.

scan to file scans back to pc using host name of the pc or if has a static ip address

three items to check scanner card
    sender list, destination list.

scan to file ultilty running and configured

geisener
    http to the machine and it should be on the system info page