Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts ThePomqueteer's Avatar

250ci After fixing light cyan my copies now have a yellow backgrounding and no black.

Hey everyone, first post here that didnt include the introductory post. So I am working on a 250ci Taskalfa that had light cyan. After reading another post on it here, I determined that the spring for the transfer belt unit for cyan was inside of its assembly (after I had already taken the machine apart to replace the two high voltage boards. So I fixed my cyan but now when I print anything, I have absolutely no black, and I have yellow backgrounding. I must've missed something when putting the machine back together, just not quite sure where to start. Does anyone have any ideas? I have attached the photo below, I'm hoping that the spot where it isnt backgrounding after the color band might help start off what could be causing this.

Thanks in advance.B1gItg5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/B1gItg5.jpg
    Heres the link to the picture in case you can't see it on the post.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    250ci After fixing light cyan my copies now have a yellow backgrounding and no black.

Re: 250ci After fixing light cyan my copies now have a yellow backgrounding and no bl

It looks like primary charge loss to me. You can swap the primary charge to another color to prove the point. The interval should be 38.9mm for primary charge. What does a Sample Set U089 look like or this:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts ThePomqueteer's Avatar

Re: 250ci After fixing light cyan my copies now have a yellow backgrounding and no bl

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It looks like primary charge loss to me. You can swap the primary charge to another color to prove the point. The interval should be 38.9mm for primary charge. What does a Sample Set U089 look like or this:
    Thanks for the response blackcat, I have tried printing off U089 however when I select Sample Set and press Start the machine will not do anything. It will print off anything else I throw at it but for some reasons none of the options under U089 will initiate a print. Primary charge loss sounds like a good place to start though. Thank you.

EDIT: Is it under maintenance mode to change the primary charge roller color or do I physically need to change the location of the primary charge roller? Sorry I'm new to the copier world (about 5 months) and even newer to Kyoceras (our company mostly deals with Ricohs).
    Last edited by ThePomqueteer; 12-01-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePomqueteer View Post
    Thanks for the response blackcat, I have tried printing off U089 however when I select Sample Set and press Start the machine will not do anything. It will print off anything else I throw at it but for some reasons none of the options under U089 will initiate a print...
    If you select Sample Set, then Start, then System Menu, the machine will switch to print mode. Press Start to print off the Sample Set. The machine will automatically return to U089 simulation. You've not looked at the service manual, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePomqueteer View Post
    ... EDIT: Is it under maintenance mode to change the primary charge roller color or do I physically need to change the location of the primary charge roller? Sorry I'm new to the copier world (about 5 months) and even newer to Kyoceras (our company mostly deals with Ricohs).
    No. You'll have to remove the toner hopper assembly, then physically remove two of the charge units, then interchange their positions. While you're in there, you might just clean all those charge rollers. They start out black colored, then build up a layer of ozone, until they get white rings. You may be able to clean some of that ozone coating off with water or non-ammonia glass cleaner. Do not overscrub, it will damage the skin on the roller. Try not to soak the roller and let it completely dry before reinstalling it. If you find lumps on the charge roller, that roller must be replaced. I have recently discovered that the lumps are areas where the metal core has rusted underneath the rubber. Cleaning won't fix rust.

=^..^=

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Are the developer units binding up ?
    If they are, take them out and give them a firm shake to loosen the dev.
    If you turn the dev roller by hand you should see a full even coverage of the dev material over roller. Make sure you put the dev engage
    actuator bar under the housing at the rear of the dev units.
    The actuator bar is the long thin chrome bar that protrudes from
    the Dev units. If you don't have the bar in the correct position or the barhas popped out of its home position, then the dev units won't engage properly.

Is the ITB in its home position and earthed properly ?
    Back in their day I believe there was a spring modification for the ITB cleaning unit to prevent toner from clogging at the exit.

HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Back in their day I believe there was a spring modification for the ITB cleaning unit to prevent toner from clogging at the exit.

HTH
    Kyocera threw that update into every PM kit, so if it's ever been PM'ed it will have the mod. =^..^=