Thread: CS 3050

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    CS 3050

CS 3050

Hello all I have a oldie, and has been a goodie until lately. When copying from the DP the original size detection is off. It will read letter as ledger, and letter r as legal....only about half the time. I decided, that since we had a brand new DP still in the box that was about to go to the scrapyard, that I would just swap and be done....Ah if only life worked that way...the problem has returned. Has anyone ever seen this before....only guess that I have at the moment is maybe the florescent lighting is causing the sensor to have fits with its sanity.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    CS 3050

Re: CS 3050

I found this comical entry in the database:

Selects legal or ledger paper size when using the document processor. "Load Paper in MP tray." A 4" x 6" note has been taped over the original length sensor. Remove any obstructions to the original length sensor.

Perhaps you do have room light upsetting the original length sensor. It is reflective. Can you turn off the room lights (even briefly) as an experiment? It would not be the first time that I wheeled a machine across the room for this reason.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    CS 3050

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I found this comical entry in the database:

Selects legal or ledger paper size when using the document processor. "Load Paper in MP tray." A 4" x 6" note has been taped over the original length sensor. Remove any obstructions to the original length sensor.

Perhaps you do have room light upsetting the original length sensor. It is reflective. Can you turn off the room lights (even briefly) as an experiment? It would not be the first time that I wheeled a machine across the room for this reason.

=^..^=

Thanks Blackcat, Yes that was a comical entry, I haven't checked the lighting, as my prefrontal cortex was otherwise preoccupied with an false jamming issue with a DP772. I will run back by there today and check. On a side note I have had trouble lately opening the resolved cases on KDA Connect have you had this problem or is it just my new laptop causing me more grief.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    CS 3050

I haven't had any issues with that. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    CS 3050

Quote Originally Posted by Scottb View Post
    Thanks Blackcat, Yes that was a comical entry, I haven't checked the lighting, as my prefrontal cortex was otherwise preoccupied with an false jamming issue with a DP772. I will run back by there today and check. On a side note I have had trouble lately opening the resolved cases on KDA Connect have you had this problem or is it just my new laptop causing me more grief.
    It is probably the lighting triggering the optical sensor on the original tray, we have had a number of these and moving the unit only few inches resolves it. As for opening resolved cases, we have run into this on several machines. Apparently Astea [the service database host] does not keep up with MS browser/system updates which is causing problems. We had one laptop running Win7 and IE10 that was working fine and suddenly could not open any of the resolved tickets. Another laptop running Win7 with IE 11 cannot even open the Astea website, it throws object errors for displaying the menu, etc. We contacted KDS tech support to resolve and NO JOY! It is frustrating not to be able to keep your system and browser updated without losing connectivity to the service database.

Service Manager 100+ Posts eddie110171's Avatar

We had several of these units where we had to replace the size detection board, Kyocera used a light dielectric grease instead of what they used previously. The new boards even come with the old style grease. For us it seems to happen at customer that still use leger and more the DP cursors all day long.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

It is the florescent lighting. By moving the machine a little will resolve it sometimes.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    CS 3050

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerkiller View Post
    It is the florescent lighting. By moving the machine a little will resolve it sometimes.
    Yes it is florescent lighting, and if cleaning crew must have moved it a little because it operated properly the last time I went to test that theory.