Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Question Kyocera 1135 Jams at reg

Have a FS 1135, paper jams / stops at the reg roller. It will work for a while, then once it is constant jams / stops. The mylars at the reg roller were not damaged, but I replaced them anyway.
    I can visually see the reg roller does not engage / drive , I suspect the reg motor or the reg sensor. ( our main line is Ricoh) Could use a little help with experience on this one, is there a service function to test the drive of the registration motor as well as a test for the registration sensor. (I have worked a little on these, svc mode is 10871087 enter) just need the test modes or ideas.

Thank you

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera 1135 Jams at reg

Re: Kyocera 1135 Jams at reg

Sim 030

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera 1135 Jams at reg

I've never had to replace the reg sensor. More likely the drive pack has some rusty clutches.

Be very careful removing the wires. Not sure if they include new wires nowadays, but they didn't use to and they pulled out of the connector very easily.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dr-150+kyocera

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera 1135 Jams at reg

If the mylars at the registration rollers are not bent, I agree with JR2ALTA, it is the drive pack. We have replaced a number of these due to the clutches malfunctioning. The drive assembly is relatively easy to replace but heed JR2ALTA's warning on removing the connectors to the clutches, just pulling on the wires will not pull the connector out of the clutch without pulling the wires out of the connector. You have to use something pointy like a spring hook to get the connector out. We have found just replacing the drive assembly to be cheaper than trying to clean up the clutches as once they fail it will reoccur in relatively short order. The drive assembly does not come with a new wiring harness, so if you pull a wire you will have to order the wiring harness.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera 1135 Jams at reg

Wise words, I always take a wiring harness with the DR-150. It's a big PITA when you're an hour from the shop & pull those wires out of the connector. We have a couple in stock.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: Kyocera 1135 Jams at reg

Thanks everyone, experience definitely helps ! looks like I will order a drive pak

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera 1135 Jams at reg

I've had jam issues where replacing the sep roller in the paper tray resolves the issue. It makes no sense but I've had quite a few of these. Try feeding from the MP tray and see if the reg roller works then.