Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera M6535cidn XPS Print error NEED HELP!

Re: REDO!!!::Re: Kyocera M6535cidn XPS Print error NEED HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Make sure the KX Print Driver is installed on the "problematic" computer. Take your XPS document and save it as a DIFFERENT FORMAT!.....such as PDF and try reprinting with the KX Driver!

hard part is where/how to find the problematic PC or Tablet or Macbook? in a office full of realtors spread out!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: REDO!!!::Re: Kyocera M6535cidn XPS Print error NEED HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by bronco31 View Post
    hard part is where/how to find the problematic PC or Tablet or Macbook? in a office full of realtors spread out!
    Isolation troubleshooting. Not hard at all!

Re: Kyocera M6535cidn XPS Print error NEED HELP!

Isolation is hard for me. I can't figure out how to set it up and I have the job accounting instructions..but very vague. This sh..stuff in not what I am good at. Any help at setting up job accounting would help. Still not getting it. I am calling in help from IT guys fr this one. And there are only two computers in te office. Both running kx drivers and updated firmware. Has to be a program causing the problem.
    Last edited by cowboyjimmy; 01-16-2017 at 07:59 PM. Reason: update

Well guys. Never could find a solution the way I wanted so we took a different route. UNHOOKED IT!. I went straight to a computer with a USB. Problem solved. I also am finding that I really don't like Kyocera machines much. Now I have 8 in inventory that I don't even want anymore.

On another subject.

Two of my customers have the same machine. One here we have been talking about (M6535cidn).
    Now that I have hooked up to the PC, I can find no way to scan from printer to PC anymore. Everything points to SMB which is no longer in use. The only option I have found so far is the Pin Point Scan 3 and I am not going to shell out $100+ to get a program for two machines.
    Can anyone walk me through a method to set up scan to PC (if there is one) without the PP3?

(Please remember that I am a newby at Networking)
    I became a Kyocera dealer without really knowing what the F I was getting into. I am great at sales..not networking or tech stuff..Wish they had told me that from the start. Anyone want to buy a Kyocera dealership or 8 machines?

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera M6535cidn XPS Print error NEED HELP!

A good tech will sell your machines & service. They are hard to find, but worth it. Kyocera hardware is very well made for the most part, I wouldn't give up on it yet.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyjimmy View Post
    Well guys. Never could find a solution the way I wanted so we took a different route. UNHOOKED IT!. I went straight to a computer with a USB. Problem solved. I also am finding that I really don't like Kyocera machines much. Now I have 8 in inventory that I don't even want anymore.

On another subject.

Two of my customers have the same machine. One here we have been talking about (M6535cidn).
    Now that I have hooked up to the PC, I can find no way to scan from printer to PC anymore. Everything points to SMB which is no longer in use. The only option I have found so far is the Pin Point Scan 3 and I am not going to shell out $100+ to get a program for two machines.
    Can anyone walk me through a method to set up scan to PC (if there is one) without the PP3?

(Please remember that I am a newby at Networking)
    I became a Kyocera dealer without really knowing what the F I was getting into. I am great at sales..not networking or tech stuff..Wish they had told me that from the start. Anyone want to buy a Kyocera dealership or 8 machines?
    Hey CowboyJimmy!

DON'T GIVE UP!...LEARN NETWORK BASICS!!!

At this location, how many PC's are you dealing with??? If it's not too many, download the latest driver from Kyocera (KX Driver) and install on the individual PC's!...install the Kyocera method in the scripted installer and choose the Hostname of the printer/mfp instead of the ip address--set the MFP to DHCP! If you have more than one Kyocera MFP to manage, get KM NetViewer and install that on a pc (the file server PC) to use for accounting and managed printing if you wish to do so. Scan to SMB?....designate one PC as "file server"--I prefer Windows 7 X64 Pro OS an setup individual sub folders within a main folder on the root of the C:/ drive....then map on individuals PC's the path to their shared folder on the file server pc....take it a step at a time.

1. Install correct and updated print drivers for all pc's--use hostname and test for printing.
    2. Setup SMB Scanning with individual folders on a single PC file server.
    3. Go back to individual PC's and map to shared folders.
    4. If print accounting is turned on, be sure to put accounting code in the print driver.
    5. If more than one Kyocera MFP is installed, on the file server PC, install KM Net Viewer and use it to view, manage and copy settings, accounts, and address book info from on Kyocera MFP to another.
    6. If you have more than one MFP installed on a users PC, check with the PC user which MFP they want to default print to and set it as such....you can also rename it so it is easily rename it so it is easily recognizable by the user as "their" printer.

Good Luck!

PS--I have found the Kyocera's to be some of the easiest to set-up and manage....once you learn the "flow" of it, you'll like it!
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html