Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Unhappy Jam 0508 On TA5550ci Occurring Before and After Replacing Conveying Door

Hi All.
    There is a Task Alfa 5550ci currently in shop that has a recurring J0508 before and after replacing the Conveying Door. U030 and U031 showed all was functional. Currents all seem fine. Not sure where to go from here. If anyone has any experience and/or ideas, I would love to hear them.

As this is my first post, any and all input on how to better format or what information to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    ObtuseAngler

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: Jam 0508 On TA5550ci Occurring Before and After Replacing Conveying Door

Did you replace the entire conveying unit assy with a new one from Kyocera? Did you change the 2 Pi sensor values that they send with the new unit?

Or did you exchange the conveying unit with another old one? If so I'd just change out the duplex clutch 302KV44041. They will eventually fail

Check out Bulletin C126-2LC-0083 if you want a full explanation of multiple changes also available

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Jam 0508 On TA5550ci Occurring Before and After Replacing Conveying Door

The only thing I could find on KDA said to replace feed PWB 1. I don't believe these use clutches for duplex like the 3050ci & 3550ci do, so that shouldn't be it.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

[QUOTE=ObtuseAngler;546445]Hi All.
    There is a Task Alfa 5550ci currently in shop that has a recurring J0508 before and after replacing the Conveying Door. U030 and U031 showed all was functional. Currents all seem fine. Not sure where to go from here. If anyone has any experience and/or ideas, I would love to hear them.

As this is my first post, any and all input on how to better format or what information to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    ObtuseAngler

UPDATE!!: The issue was the clutch located near the bottom right of the service door. After removing and cleaning, it was found to need replacement. After install, the issue went away.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Jam 0508 On TA5550ci Occurring Before and After Replacing Conveying Door

Quote Originally Posted by ObtuseAngler View Post
    ...UPDATE!!: The issue was the clutch located near the bottom right of the service door. After removing and cleaning, it was found to need replacement. After install, the issue went away.
    Congratulations on your success. And thanks for posting back your results. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=