Technician

KM4050 dual fax option installed recognized but wont receive and no choice to send

this km4050 has a second fax kit and the copier recognizes it and two fax numbers are entered for port 1 and port 2, but on the fax screen where the on hook button is there is no choice to send from two numbers, and the on hook only applies to port 1. also when i try faxing to port 2's phone number the fax never comes through and never gets fax tone. and yes i did swap the fax kits and they both work in the port 1 slot.

i am out of ideas. the only thing that is possible is that port 2 is bad in that it recognizes the port 2 fax kit but there is no dial tone or there is some setting i dont know about that is preventing me from seeing the second fax line active on the fax screen. I sure could use a bit of help. thanks.

Ktech

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    KM4050 dual fax option installed recognized but wont receive and no choice to send

Re: KM4050 dual fax option installed recognized but wont receive and no choice to sen

It's been a while, but I recall setting one up as incoming & one as outgoing only. I believe it was through the web page that I adjusted the settings.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: KM4050 dual fax option installed recognized but wont receive and no choice to sen

You will only be able Tx from one of the cards, you're choice. You can Rx from both cards.

This topic came up where two companies in the same building both put up half the money to buy the MFP. They wanted fax card #1 for company #1 and fax card #2 for company #2. That's fine for Rx, but for sending only one can send. That's it. You can program multiple TTI information selections, so you can make it appear to come from company #1 or company #2. It made the calculation of the phone bill a little more complicated.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

thank you very much for stopping by and helping me with that information. I dont see these much and after my diagnosis I was afraid that was the case, but its hard to believe they would not design the copier to allow the user to take advantage of a "second" fax kit, especially for that much money...oh well thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Thanks again, ktech

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I think the idea behind it was that a busy office that sends a lot of faxes would still be able to receive while sending.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

In maintenance mode 698 choose all, for ability to initialize both ports for faxing.
    Then go to maintenance mode 600 to initialize.