Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Kyocera FS4200 Jamming at Paper exit after installing new Maintenance Kit

Quote Originally Posted by lees View Post
    Make sure that you moved the spring from the old feed holder assembly to the new one. If you missed this, it will intermittently jam mostly at paper feed, but possibly in the exit assy also. Pull up the web interface by putting the ip address/eventlog in the address bar of a web browser and view the event log to see what the machine says the problem is. You can go to the service manual to determine what the event log is telling you. Maybe this will help to pinpoint the problem for you.
    Lees, are their any other web interface tricks you know of for kyocera? this is the first I heard about the "ip address/eventlog" and I am Blessing and Cursing Kyocera in the same breath over it now that I've tested it with the ones I work on. The only other one I know about is ip address/svcmntrpt . I'd love it if I could find any documentation from kyocera about these.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera FS4200 Jamming at Paper exit after installing new Maintenance Kit

Are you talking about the PreScribe commands to print off an event log? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Are you talking about the PreScribe commands to print off an event log? =^..^=
    No, thankfully I’ve know about that for many years now. But give that the company I work for provides the full computer system and I can remote into the local network this type of thing gives me a better tool for remote troubleshooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi all, we are having jamming issues as described in this post, spring isnt missing, need feed rollers, new fuser. Im thinking maybe pick up clutchs or exit assym. The paper exits fuser and just hits exit and stops. Strange think is after replacing the fuser unit it worked great until a few days later. Its very tempremental.
    Any other suggestions before i order clutch and exit

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by taskalfa View Post
    Hi all, we are having jamming issues as described in this post, spring isnt missing, need feed rollers, new fuser. Im thinking maybe pick up clutchs or exit assym. The paper exits fuser and just hits exit and stops. Strange think is after replacing the fuser unit it worked great until a few days later. Its very tempremental.
    Do they print a lot of labels?

I work with all pharmacy printers, I’ve seen several times when they use cheep labels were their is build up on the white plastic guides right before the paper comes out that catches the paper so that it James in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by taskalfa View Post

TASKALFA : Did you get to the bottom of this issue .

I have 2 fs 4100's doing the same thing intermittent jamming on exit , no damage to paper image in correct place (so not reg clutch) .

checked all Bulletins but not relevant as newer model (serial)

firmware up to date etc..

new exit sensor and actuator , new rollers on rear door with updated shafts , new fuser still the same as with old.

Any help appreciated.