Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kyocera FS4200 Jamming at Paper exit after installing new Maintenance Kit

Hello,

I have a FS4200 that was jamming in various areas 480,000 prints on it was time for a maintenance kit, installed the kit replaced everything first time doing it besides forgetting to plug in the drum wire at first I thought it went well. I've replaced fusers on these in the past so didn't think much of it. Started the printer to test and it's jamming at the paper exit comes out of the fuser and then jams up prior to getting to the paper exit feeder almost as if that feeder isn't ready for it. I'm getting a generic jam at rear error with no messages, I decided to throw the old fuser back in thinking maybe I had an issue with the new fuser but does the same thing everything I can think of looks good on it. Came across this forum in my search and figured I'd give it a try any suggestions would be appreciated.

I did notice there is an older post with a similar issue that mentions a fuser exit sensor I am not exactly sure what that is referring to couldn't find any specifics on it but if it's attached to the fuser I'd think my swapping of the fusers would have fixed that.

Thanks,

Greg

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Kyocera FS4200 Jamming at Paper exit after installing new Maintenance Kit

Make sure that you moved the spring from the old feed holder assembly to the new one. If you missed this, it will intermittently jam mostly at paper feed, but possibly in the exit assy also. Pull up the web interface by putting the ip address/eventlog in the address bar of a web browser and view the event log to see what the machine says the problem is. You can go to the service manual to determine what the event log is telling you. Maybe this will help to pinpoint the problem for you.

I am certain I did not transfer a spring so I will give that a shot and let you know thanks!

Lees,

That is exactly what it was... I didn't even pay attention to the spring when I took it off. Thanks I wasn't even looking in that area as the paper was never getting suck there!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Glad to be able to help with this. You are not the first to miss this and you will not be the last. Maybe it will also help others. All the printers and MFP's of this model series have the spring if the tray has a lift motor. The FS2100, M3040, and M3540 do not have the spring because they have springs in the cassette to raise the paper.

Technician

I haven't had this problem, but could you elaborate more on where the spring is so I can be sure to do this? Thanks.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Money View Post
    I haven't had this problem, but could you elaborate more on where the spring is so I can be sure to do this? Thanks.
    it is on the p/u feed roller assy holder...ask me how I know

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Here is a picture of the spring on the feed holder assembly.spring.jpg

Technician

Thank You. I will remember to keep an eye out for that.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lees View Post
    Here is a picture of the spring on the feed holder assembly.
    We got our asses kicked by that same issue (after installing a PM kit in a FS-C5200/C5300 series printer 3-4 years ago, wasn't until we brought the machine back to the shop and were swapping a part out of our office printer that we accidentally noticed the missing spring. When we brought the machine back to the customer, there was the spring sitting right on the counter. our symptom was very intermittent no feed jams. That spring easily wasted $400 in labor/travel costs for us.