Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Common Developer Issue with Kyocera Taskalfa 3051ci

Re: Common Developer Issue with Kyocera Taskalfa 3051ci

Developer spacers! I'm willing to bet that the aluminum mag roller shaft will be worn down in that area, so new spacers won't help by the time you notice the symptoms. And you can't order a mag roller.

Thanks! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    This problem also goes back to the 3050ci line, check out the TASKalfa3050ci/3550ci/4550ci/5550ci/6550ci/7550ci Troubleshooting Guide if you haven't already. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason which machines will do it (high or low volume), only 1 out of 4 dev units will do it, have a rash of cyan dev units in a week will happen. Whatever they "fixed" in the new dev units it doesn't seem to come back.
    Where can I find the troubleshooting guide?

I've looking everywhere in reserved area but i cannot find it.
    Someone can post it please?

Thank you in andvance,
    Kyove

Came upon this fault a long time back, If you compare this dev unit to the faster models you will notice that the plate and springs which push the magnetic roller into place are different. On the 3051ci's the pressure of the pushing spring at the rear is poor because the plate is plastic allowing the rear of the developer unit to bounce against the drum giving spikes on the copies. I modified these by replacing the springs with slightly stronger ones salvaged over many years form various products. Hope this helps.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts giddyupngo's Avatar

Make sure all toner in machine is OEM, we chased a similar problem in a black and white machine for about 9 months before switching the toner to OEM. Fixed.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tonerlung View Post
    Came upon this fault a long time back, If you compare this dev unit to the faster models you will notice that the plate and springs which push the magnetic roller into place are different. On the 3051ci's the pressure of the pushing spring at the rear is poor because the plate is plastic allowing the rear of the developer unit to bounce against the drum giving spikes on the copies. I modified these by replacing the springs with slightly stronger ones salvaged over many years form various products. Hope this helps.
    Last week I came across a machine with these symptoms for the first time since following this thread.
    I'm able to confirm that the thin black roller that correctly spaces the magnetic roller from the drum was worn in the centre at the end corresponding with the quality problem.

The replacement developer unit has obviously been beefed up in this area and the this black roller has now been replaced by a much thicker white nylon roller.

It's a shame that we are unable to purchase these rollers as a spare part Common Developer Issue with Kyocera Taskalfa 3051ci

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks for updates. I was wondering is it possible to put something next to this black roller to fill this gap and hopefully save some time and money.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Common Developer Issue with Kyocera Taskalfa 3051ci

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo fan View Post
    Thanks for updates. I was wondering is it possible to put something next to this black roller to fill this gap and hopefully save some time and money.
    The new developer spacers are from the 6551/7551 developing unit. They have bearings unlike the original. And most likely it's the aluminum shaft that wears as much or more than the spacers. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    Last week I came across a machine with these symptoms for the first time since following this thread.
    I'm able to confirm that the thin black roller that correctly spaces the magnetic roller from the drum was worn in the centre at the end corresponding with the quality problem.

The replacement developer unit has obviously been beefed up in this area and the this black roller has now been replaced by a much thicker white nylon roller.

It's a shame that we are unable to purchase these rollers as a spare part Common Developer Issue with Kyocera Taskalfa 3051ci
    Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk