Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

M3550 idn problem

I could use some help on a problem. When you turn it on the machines starts a low speed cycle and then goes to high speed cycle and keeps running for at least 2-3 minutes and then beeps with jam code 0105. I have changed the main control board and changed the fuser at Kyocera tech support request and still doing it. I didn't think it was the fuser but they said they have a few reports of it solving the problem. Another symptom is, it sometimes has when the main screen is up and I put a document in the feeder and make a copy sometimes it will make the copy and go into ready mode as it normally would do and then you can keep using it until you shut it off or open a door.
    I can just feel it's something stupid causing this. Any ideas?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts The_Murph's Avatar

Re: M3550 idn problem

Howdy!

I've had a similar issue on the printer version of this model. I also replaced the main board thinking "gee there's the registration sensor right there" ... in the end I discovered a registration sensor in the process unit that was malfunctioning. I replaced the process unit and away I went. this may be pertinent and it might not be, but its worth the look.

Big Dan

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I didn't see a sensor in the process unit but I can try that. They also have the printers I can swap to check it.

The sensor is right under the developer unit in the tray. If you pull up the DV unit you will find it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Are you talking about the reg. sensor?

Yes it is although the parts manual has no replacement number for it I will try to locate a good number in other manuals. This is in responce to the reply from The_Murph also check the toner contact pins for the toner container, I have seen a few of those messed up.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts The_Murph's Avatar

There is an embedded optical sensor facing down located on the bottom of the drum dv unit. Have you been able to swap the unit with one of the printers as you mentioned? That would determine, rather quickly, if it is that sensor in question. The registration sensor inside the machine itsself is mounted directly on the main pwb (no part number spared for it as a result), so its unlikely that that is the issue since you have already replaced that pwb. It drove me crazy for about 3 days before I discovered the second reg sensor.

Have a day!

Big Dan

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Murph View Post
    There is an embedded optical sensor facing down located on the bottom of the drum dv unit. Have you been able to swap the unit with one of the printers as you mentioned? That would determine, rather quickly, if it is that sensor in question. The registration sensor inside the machine itsself is mounted directly on the main pwb (no part number spared for it as a result), so its unlikely that that is the issue since you have already replaced that pwb. It drove me crazy for about 3 days before I discovered the second reg sensor.

Have a day!

Big Dan
    I may have been wrong about the pcb. I replaced the one on the side.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I replaced the control pwb.