Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

False waste toner full, New boxes

Hi All

We have been getting calls for false full waste toner tanks across the entire new line (B/W and Color). All have low clicks. We are following TB G128 , Removing and reinstalling the waste tank seems to turn off the message.. Has anybody else run into this issue?

Thanks

Re: False waste toner full, New boxes

I don't know what models you have...but, Usually I have seen toner lumping or clogging withing the dump tubes. I think on the Mitas, the toner auger shaft gets forced back and actuates a switch on the rear frame.?? Or the tank is weighted? Increase weight spring tension? or a spring adjustment? I've stuck my vacuum onto the spouts and cleared most of the clumping. We are close to the ocean here and have a lot of humidity. I tell all my customers to shake the new cartridges before installing. That's probably not much help. ..Maybe the looking glass in the tank gets clouded? I use brillianize on the waste tanks to keep the static down.. Cut more space around the sensor hole area?.. Not sure. Good luck.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Have you tried running the calibration? We haven't had any issues yet. We do remove the waste toner cartridge before moving the machines.

Waste toner box threshold level setting procedure
    1. Open the waste toner box cover and detach it.
    2. Select maintenance mode U155 and close the waste toner box cover.
    3. Select [Calibration] and confirm [None] indicated next to [Waste Toner]. Press the [Start] key.
    4. Insert the empty waste toner box (Empty), close the waste toner box cover.
    5. Select [Calibration] and confirm [Empty] indicated next to [Waste Toner]. Press the [Start] key.
    6. Remove the empty waste toner box (Empty) and install it. Close the waste toner box cover.
    7. Renew the value of [None/Empty] side, make sure the [OK] display of [Execute] side.
    *: If numbers (error code) is indicated next to [Execute], redo from the first step.
    (If the detected waste toner box weight fluctuates(box installed/not installed), an error is indicated)

Hi darry1322

To my chagrin I was not aware of MM 155 and apparently T.S. is not aware of this procedure either..
    Moving forward I will take a two step approach, do MM155 and remove the tank instead of just replacing the packing material.

Thanks Much...

P.S. Thanks for the detailed steps...We all know how clear some of the instructions are..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Maybe it'll help. We haven't had any issues yet so I haven't tried it myself.

I will point out that we just remove the bottle, we don't run MM155. I saw it in the manual and figured MM155 might resolve issues if we had any in the future.

Hi Jammed.

In these new boxes they are not using an optical sensor (seems to be a weight sensor), however the previous generation did.
    Thanks for giving us good tips and check points for all boxes....

Thanks Much.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts The_Murph's Avatar

Howdy!

I just did the classroom training and did some in-depth troubleshooting on this issue. Basically from the machine rear you can see the waste chute, drive, etc. The entire waste system can be removed, we found that the spring in the downchute gets bound up and doesn't slide freely, causing waste to build up in front of the td sensor that reads the waste full condition.

Remove the waste assembly, reseat assembly taking care to ensure that the spring moves freely, should correct your issue.

Big Dan

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Also remember to remove the WTBs before transporting these machines, Kyocera should have a bulletin out about it by now.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Athlontini View Post
    Also remember to remove the WTBs before transporting these machines, Kyocera should have a bulletin out about it by now.
    G127 is the bulletin that addresses this (8/2016).
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Technician

Guys, It appears that I am missing something. Could you tell me which models that you are discussing? We have had a couple of issues with waste toner filling up too fast, combined with eating the toner out of the cartridge in less than 4,000 copies on a on a new 5002. Was wondering if there may be some commonality here. The only clue that I was able to glean was "new boxes" and G-127 on a bulletin from (8/16). But could not find that either.

Looking for a model number please.

Thanks for your help, and great input on your topic.