Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: False waste toner full, New boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Hi

We follow G127 for transport , however several of the copiers were drop shipped and setup on location. Still we got a call from the customer for full waste tone in less than 20K . The "fix" was to simply remove and reinsert the waste cart. I'm wondering if somehow the cart is "walking" out of place?
    We do too. There is an issue, they just do know what the solution is to it yet. Open and close the wtb door and it resets.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

We just had a customer with a 4002 that threw a C7980 which is not in the S.M. This code pops up if the waste toner full sensor detects the full (lock-up) of the waste toner box 4 times continuously ( see QA H072 ) . The customer started having false waste toner full only AFTER they used the empty K toner container. They were able to remove the container "shake it" reinstall it ...this would work for several days and were doing this for several weeks , they only called in a panic after the C code.. I will update on what we find...

Cheers....

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    We just had a customer with a 4002 that threw a C7980 which is not in the S.M. This code pops up if the waste toner full sensor detects the full (lock-up) of the waste toner box 4 times continuously ( see QA H072 ) . The customer started having false waste toner full only AFTER they used the empty K toner container. They were able to remove the container "shake it" reinstall it ...this would work for several days and were doing this for several weeks , they only called in a panic after the C code.. I will update on what we find...

Cheers....
    Any update on your scenario?

currently having this problem on multiple 3252ci models, on some U155 calibration have corrected the issue, other machines continue to show TWB full message even after calibration and bottle replacement.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

See my post (and the others) regarding this topic on the recent thread here: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/kyocera-mita-copystar/120888-kyocera-taskalfa-4002i-waste-bottle-error.html

Here you can understand the root cause and fixes of the many erroneous waste toner scale and door messages related to the sticky sensor arm

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Hi all.....

New firmware released to possibly address this issue.......

Cheers..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    False waste toner full, New boxes

V2.05 firmware change notes:

"Corrective measuresfor misdetection of thewaste toner FULLBecause of misdetection of the piezoelectric sensor, [Waste toner box is full] display or servicecall C7980 (piezoelectric sensor error) might occur. The overflow detection by the piezoelectricsensor is no longer used."

i had this problem on both 4002i and 5002i, hopefully this update is it!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

There is a new firmware that just came out for that issue Ver 2.05 for models 4002-6002 and 3252-6052

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    False waste toner full, New boxes

Evidently they can’t figure out how to fix it, so they just disabled the sensor ?
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

the sensor was redundant, since there's a scale too. I guess they just wanted to be extra sure that the tank was full in case the scale didn't register full, and save the augers from piling-up.