Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Damascus
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Kyocera KM 4050 and LDAP

    Searching the "Ext Address Book" returns "Could not refer to Ext Address Book".
    Couldn't find a way to enable/configure the "Ext Address Book", neither from the web nor the panel.
    Tried to configure the LDAP, and tried the "KM LDAP Converter", nothing works. (The KM LDAP Converter did retrieve data).

    Thanks in advance.


  2. #2
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts AlbertK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Kyocera KM 4050 and LDAP

    The address book should be setup using the " Address Editor" on any local PC.
    Not sure if it will work on newer PC's running Win 7/8/10.....
    Not even sure if LDAP could communicate with these devices.

    The product may be brilliant and the salesperson proficient, but if the technician isnít efficient, then the story will end there.

  3. #3
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts


    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    14,857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    240

    Re: Kyocera KM 4050 and LDAP

    Both these items are pieces of software written for WinXP. I have no idea if there are versions written for newer OS. =^..^=

    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.


    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  4. #4
    Service Manager 100+ Posts



    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Concord, NH
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Kyocera KM 4050 and LDAP

    Quote Originally Posted by eyad View Post
    Searching the "Ext Address Book" returns "Could not refer to Ext Address Book".
    Couldn't find a way to enable/configure the "Ext Address Book", neither from the web nor the panel.
    Tried to configure the LDAP, and tried the "KM LDAP Converter", nothing works. (The KM LDAP Converter did retrieve data).

    Thanks in advance.
    Is there an addressbook setup on the PC you are targeting? An external addressbook is stored on the users local pc for personal use and is different than a LDAP connection. A LDAP connection is usually stored on a server for everyone's use and is not considered an external addressbook. Without having an addressbook setup on the user's PC searching for an external addressbook will yield no results. Since the 4050 uses the scanner file utility, without an addressbook setup on the user's PC it will return an error. I do not believe LDAP has anything to do with what you are trying to accomplish. Which by the way what is the purpose for accessing an external addressbook, is it so a particular user can send to email address's that are particular to them? A simpler way would be to have the scans sent to a specified folder and then attach them to an email. If you want to use an external addressbook for a user you would need to first setup the addressbook on the user's PC and then point the scanner file utility to it. We have set this up for users that have up to Win 7 with no problems. Hope this helps a little.


  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Damascus
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Kyocera KM 4050 and LDAP

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK View Post
    The address book should be setup using the " Address Editor" on any local PC.
    Not sure if it will work on newer PC's running Win 7/8/10.....
    Not even sure if LDAP could communicate with these devices.
    Thank you for the reply.

    The machine is in an active directory environment with exchange server. The embedded LDAP functionality should (in theory) enable operators to search the AD for users emails when using "scan to email", or else, those emails should be entered (and maintained) manually in the machine's "Address Book". Adds to the pain the fact that no "Import" feature is provided here!


  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Damascus
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Kyocera KM 4050 and LDAP

    Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Is there an addressbook setup on the PC you are targeting? An external addressbook is stored on the users local pc for personal use and is different than a LDAP connection. A LDAP connection is usually stored on a server for everyone's use and is not considered an external addressbook. Without having an addressbook setup on the user's PC searching for an external addressbook will yield no results. Since the 4050 uses the scanner file utility, without an addressbook setup on the user's PC it will return an error. I do not believe LDAP has anything to do with what you are trying to accomplish. Which by the way what is the purpose for accessing an external addressbook, is it so a particular user can send to email address's that are particular to them? A simpler way would be to have the scans sent to a specified folder and then attach them to an email. If you want to use an external addressbook for a user you would need to first setup the addressbook on the user's PC and then point the scanner file utility to it. We have set this up for users that have up to Win 7 with no problems. Hope this helps a little.

    Thank you for the reply.

    The machine is in an active directory environment with exchange server. The embedded LDAP functionality should (in theory) enable operators to search the AD for users emails when using "scan to email". Or else, those emails must be entered (and maintained) manually in the machine's "Address Book". Adds to the pain the fact that no "Import" feature is provided here!

    BTW Scan-to-email is working fine with manually-entered emails in the "address book".

    Is there a way to search and use emails from the AD without having to manually entering them in the "Address Book"?
    AD 2012, Exchange 2007, Win7/10 Clients.

    Thanks.


  7. #7
    Service Manager 100+ Posts



    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Concord, NH
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Kyocera KM 4050 and LDAP

    Quote Originally Posted by eyad View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

    The machine is in an active directory environment with exchange server. The embedded LDAP functionality should (in theory) enable operators to search the AD for users emails when using "scan to email". Or else, those emails must be entered (and maintained) manually in the machine's "Address Book". Adds to the pain the fact that no "Import" feature is provided here!

    BTW Scan-to-email is working fine with manually-entered emails in the "address book".

    Is there a way to search and use emails from the AD without having to manually entering them in the "Address Book"?
    AD 2012, Exchange 2007, Win7/10 Clients.

    Thanks.
    Have you setup the unit for LDAP? Just because it is in an active directory domain does not mean it automatically has access to the active directory. This requires setting up the unit with the proper authentication, port number and security signings for the AD directory. This is all info that the network Admin has and should be able to provide. Your statement that manually entered emails work fine indicates that you do not have the LDAP setup correctly. Remember that AD will only provide info for internal [domain] related emails, external email addresses will not be provided by AD. You should do some research on Microsoft's technet website to fully understand how to setup, access and utilize the AD for LDAP. It may also require some changes on the server that only the domain admin can perform. First place I would start would be with their network admin and discuss what you want to accomplish, without their input you may be just spinning your wheels.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here