TIKBOY

Time For Maintenance

Hi Mates,

i have Kyocera Taskalfa 2550ci, printer has no problem it's working perfectly but i just want to get rid of getting this warning "Time For Maintenance (A)"

is there any option to disable this message? your help is greatly appreciated!

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Time For Maintenance

Re: Time For Maintenance

You could clear the code, or change the maintenance setting, but the maint kits are relatively inexpensive considering.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Time For Maintenance

Maintenance mode 250 allows you to set the maint kit counter to a higher number. This let's you preserve your accurate kit counter in MM251 while making the warning go away until you reach the number you set in MM250.

TIKBOY

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    You could clear the code, or change the maintenance setting, but the maint kits are relatively inexpensive considering.

U251
    is this the right Simulation? I dont want to reset the counter reading of per copy/print.

Technician 500+ Posts

I am some what new to Kyocera but what I have come to believe is that if you do what is called for makes the machine run to it's best ability. I have not been servicing these long so other may weigh in on this thread. I just know if I do PM's when due they run great and I have less service calls. I think the manufacture makes them that way. But if you reset it, let us know how it comes out. This info would be good info for all. If you can get away stretching the cycle, that would help everyone. Let us know how you come out on this one.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Time For Maintenance

U250 sets the cycle count. It's what tells the machine when maintenance is due. U251 is the actual maintenance counter.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Technician

If Maintenance kit (A) includes developer don't postpone, can cause extreme machine damage to run virtually any machine past it's developer life. To a lesser extent drum and fuser. Paper tray maintenance codes are less critical but still well worth doing.

Hey all,

Just for those who may be running into this problem (time for maintenance d and e) on a 4003i-6003i series. This message will reset with a firmware update, couldn't find this info anywhere on the internet and I had 3 machines in this series that were all showing this message. hope this can help