Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

is anyone using KFS?

is anyone using this? if so, do you have a cheat sheet on all this, all i have found is the manual for registration.

thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts The_Murph's Avatar

Re: is anyone using KFS?

We are using KFS and find it to be amazing so far. As for a cheat sheet, its all been self taught guess and check. I would recommend setting up an appointment with your regional tech-rep to walk you through the pitfalls of initial setup and fine tuning. I have been using KFS for over a month and its already paying dividends, no more toner emergencies, no more tens of thousands of dollars of inventory on client's shelves. We have been updating firmware and resetting errors before customers even get to their offices.

PM me and I can answer specifics as you come across them...
    If you phrase your inquiry properly, you will get the answers you seek...

Good Luck ... You'll need it! HAHAHA!

~Big Dan~

Quote Originally Posted by The_Murph View Post
    We are using KFS and find it to be amazing so far. As for a cheat sheet, its all been self taught guess and check. I would recommend setting up an appointment with your regional tech-rep to walk you through the pitfalls of initial setup and fine tuning. I have been using KFS for over a month and its already paying dividends, no more toner emergencies, no more tens of thousands of dollars of inventory on client's shelves. We have been updating firmware and resetting errors before customers even get to their offices.

PM me and I can answer specifics as you come across them...

good.
    i'll keep u in mind. i just did the course..of course Claude is so dry and very little manual support. appreciate the info.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    is anyone using KFS?

We've been on it since it went live. The gateway that connects the older machines is sketchy, but then again you're relying on the customers PC. The ONLY way I've found to make the USB devices work, is to manually install the local agent on each PC with the USB connected device & have the gateway search for them afer it's done. Any of the direct connected devies work pretty well. It's nice to be able to push out firmware to all of a series.
    We have over 400 machines on it now. The email reporting needs fine tuned for error codes & jam codes, but overall it's very useful.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

We have been using it for about 6 months. It works great. The actual manual for KFS is in the KFS software. Once you register and download KFS you will see "Help" in the upper right hand corner. That is where the manual is. It works great and is very easy (I did not find the manual in the help area until I had everything set up, But it did help with the fine tuning). Most of us here have been dealing with Kyocera for a long time, and KFS works so good that I do not believe that Kyocera wrote the program.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    is anyone using KFS?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerkiller View Post
    KFS works so good that I do not believe that Kyocera wrote the program.
    It's actually FM Audit, which is now owned by ECI/Digital Gateway/e-Automate.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Hi,

Anyone tried using KFS Gateway for Windows on diff VLAN to detect USB devices?
    I installed Gateway for Windows at customer HQ, get the local agent from C:\Program files\Kyocera\Gateway for Windows\data\Local Agent
    & install the local agent to an offsite outlet PC which able to link back HQ but with diff VLAN.
    Seem like the Gateway doesn't able to detect the PC.
    I tried putting the PC IP on the gateway discovery but still no result.

Any expert can guide me on this area?
    Thanks in advance.