Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Kyocera M2035dn Registation Varies

I have a Kyocera M2035dn in a customers office that has given varying registration since new. It has about 1100 prints on it now and is about two months old. I had to adjust the lead edge slightly out of the box to get it right but it still will give 1-3 out of five prints 1/4-3/8 inch late. It doesn't matter if it is prints or copies and it doesn't seem to matter if it is single or multiple prints. It seems to feed fine without many jams (33 in 1100). I just can't seem to see what is causing it. I thought maybe a loose registration switch but it is in position and working. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

One other thing, I can't confirm totally, but it appears that when it is late, it is consistent on the registration meaning when it is off, it is off by the same amount each time.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera M2035dn Registation Varies

As with the 1128/1135, I'd check the mylars at the reg roller. Next is usually the drive unit.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

I have seen the acoustic foam on the registration solenoid get sticky and cause varying registration remove it clean plate good put a piece of electrical tape in its place

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

Make sure the spring for the roller in the paper tray is present...33 jams in 1100 copies seems to be a little high for that machine

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had several FS-1028 clutch pack be the problem, but mine were jamming after a few copies because the registration timing was so far off.

33 jams in a new machine especially with only 1100 prints is very high. What is the jam code/s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Is there an easy way to get to the mylars on this? The manual is not very good at all when it comes to this area. It appears that clutch is part of the drive pack? Thanks for your help.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Remove side panels, bypass section and make loose the top plate in registration area (screw on each side under side covers).

I am able to use the edge of my spring hook tool to scrape off both mylars being careful to not leave any adhesive behind. Each mylar is about a quarter inch by 1.5 inches. Its located beneath that registration plate. I've removed mylars from a few machines without bothering to replace them and they are working fine.

This works for me but would like to hear more suggestions from others on this.