Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F248

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    F248

Re: F248

Quote Originally Posted by mossup View Post
    Thanks Guys

I think i found the setting under Device Setting then System on the command centre

Just to Clarify its Auto Error Clear, just that there is also Error Job Skip would this need to be turned on as well?

Suppose it wouldn't hurt having both on
    The auto error clear can be turned on from the web page or from the control panel of the unit under system settings. As the name implies Error Job Skip only skips the job and proceeds with the queue and returns to the bad print job later and will eventually throw the F248 code. Having both turned on does not hurt, but turning on the auto error clear is what will resolve your issue.

If you go to the timer settings in system menu on the machine. Auto error clear is in that menu, turn on and it's defaulted to 30 secs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technician

Cool Thanks

I will get this added at set up so they can turn this on before machines are delivered

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    F248

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    The easiest way to avoid calls for an F248 code [bad print job] is to simply turn on the auto error clear on the unit. With this turned on the bad print job is automatically cleared from the queue after 30 seconds which I believe is the default. The F248 code is typically thrown by malformed or virus infected web pages. Turning on the auto error clear can be done from the control panel or via the web interface and we have walked users through the setup over the phone to eliminate a service call. Without the auto error clear turned on the offending print job will just constantly be resent by the print queue on the computer or print server, so clearing it from the unit does not resolve the issue. It also eliminates the need to "find" which user is sending the bad print job as they will report that they cannot print a page rather quickly and you can determine the offending web page.

Thanks for this! I got to update the settings as you suggested via kfs.