Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Kyocera remote meter readings via email

Hi,

Quite new to Kyocera stuff, but is it possible to have the machine send its meter readings on a specific date every month via email to me? If so, does anyone know how to do this? and also if its possible to specify a seperate SMTP server for this? (I would like to use my own company's and keep it separate to the one that the customer uses for scan to email)

The machine I want to set it up on is a TaskAlfa 306CI, and also is it possible to set up alerts for when the machine requires toner? I know there is various options available e.g Print Fleet etc but if the machine has the options built into the firmware then I would like to try these first.

If anyone can shed some light on this, that would be great!

Many Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Kyocera remote meter readings via email

Quote Originally Posted by Konicatech View Post
    Hi,

Quite new to Kyocera stuff, but is it possible to have the machine send its meter readings on a specific date every month via email to me? If so, does anyone know how to do this? and also if its possible to specify a seperate SMTP server for this? (I would like to use my own company's and keep it separate to the one that the customer uses for scan to email)

The machine I want to set it up on is a TaskAlfa 306CI, and also is it possible to set up alerts for when the machine requires toner? I know there is various options available e.g Print Fleet etc but if the machine has the options built into the firmware then I would like to try these first.

If anyone can shed some light on this, that would be great!

Many Thanks
    You do not have to change the SMTP server settings, just go to the Maintenance/Notification tab under advanced and enter the Information, like the email account you want the readings sent to the interval for the report and you are pretty much done. Changing the smtp info to your server will pretty much kill the scan to email setup they have already established.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Kyocera remote meter readings via email

Most of the newer machines have a service report section in https://"ipaddress"/svcmntrpt (just add /svcmntrpt to the end of the command center address )

You can use a separate smtp server setup there so you use your own account without the user having access to it.

Technician

Angry Re: Kyocera remote meter readings via email

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    Most of the newer machines have a service report section in https://"ipaddress"/svcmntrpt (just add /svcmntrpt to the end of the command center address )You can use a separate smtp server setup there so you use your own account without the user having access to it.
    wow, i've been looking for something like this for awhile now, any other little secrets they are hiding in the web interface we should know about?