Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    5052ci errors SFFF and E002 during setup

This new 5052ci is having problems when executing simulations 469 auto color registration and 410 half tone auto adjustment. They are part of the simulation 952 setup workflow. I have done lots of them before.

The color reg adjustment pattern printed out in sim 469 then during execution SFFF error occurred. The manual lists that as "other scanning error". In sim 410 both patterns printed out normally then E002 "adjustment result error" occurred during scan of second pattern.

I called tech support and they said look for scan cable having come off. Everything looked ok, mirrors run back and forth normally full 17 inches in simulation.

Loaded new 2.0 firmware. Copies and prints look ok as does color belt pattern. Not seeing any deletions like a bad developing unit. Looking for ideas because I don't want to send it out even though copies and prints look acceptable.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Re: 5052ci errors SFFF and E002 during setup

Make sure all your image registrations on output are spot on. If the image is not properly positioned on the adj pages it will error out. But first , make sure you have all your colors.

Good luck.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: 5052ci errors SFFF and E002 during setup

I tried tone curve in system menu adjustment/maintenance. It appeared to complete normally.

I did the centering in u34 for all drawers and MP tray, it wasn't that far off. I checked the leading edge registration in u34 sides A and B and it was right on.

The auto color registration u469 and half tone u410 then began working. I ran u410 several times to make sure.

Checked the event log and no new codes were present.

Not really sure what fixed it but copies looked good and the machine needed to go out.