Senior Tech 100+ Posts Mitch Barron's Avatar

Kyo FS-C5150DN Feeding multiple Stacked pages

Greetings all,

I have having a Problem with a Kyocera FS-C5150DN. The customer called and said he was having paper jams intermittently and would like to have the machine checked out. I went to the customer to find out the pickup rollers and Separation roller were totally worn down and informed him that they Needed to be replaced. I did so (pain in the ass, I might add) and upon testing the machine started to feed multiple stacked pages. Even if the print Job is only one page, the machine will intermittently print out 2 stacked pages. I realize this Problem Sounds to be the Separation Assy, but since this Problem has been an issue I have since replaced the Separation twice, thinking the first I installed was faulty. Not the case.I have also changed paper to a Quality paper that we sell to see if the issue was with the customers paper and that turned out to be a bust too. Does anyone have any tips they can give me to remedy this? Doesn't make any sense to me that this issue should be Happening. Thanks in advance for your time. I will add a Pictures of the parts that were replaced to help jog those memories. lol

Hope you are all busy making green! All the best!

Mitch Barron20170404_113400.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyo FS-C5150DN Feeding multiple Stacked pages

Re: Kyo FS-C5150DN Feeding multiple Stacked pages

I dont know this particular model but i would look at the feed clutch possibly not releasing
    something ive had in other make cause similar problem
    I Used To Live To Fix Things Now i Fix Things To Live

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Kyo FS-C5150DN Feeding multiple Stacked pages

When dealing with retard roller assy and retard cover, pay attention to these:

1. Open the paper cassette when taking it out.
    2. Close the paper cassette completely when fitting it in. Also make sure the retard cover is properly seated:

retard cover.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Mitch Barron's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Kyo FS-C5150DN Feeding multiple Stacked pages

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo fan View Post
    When dealing with retard roller assy and retard cover, pay attention to these:

1. Open the paper cassette when taking it out.
    2. Close the paper cassette completely when fitting it in. Also make sure the retard cover is properly seated:

retard cover.jpg

Absolutely Fantastic! Can't thank you enough for the tip. I was doing it all wrong. This post made my day. Thanks again!