Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pr1nt3rs3v3rywh3r3

TASKalfa 3501i Stop Faxing?

Hello,

I'm going through the manual, and I can't seem to find the where to turn off the function of printing a fax that comes in. We are currently using a digital fax program to import each one to a pdf, but it still prints out the fax regardless. Is there a way to turn this off?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: TASKalfa 3501i Stop Faxing?

I think that is in fax forwarding.

Pr1nt3rs3v3rywh3r3

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerkiller View Post
    I think that is in fax forwarding.

Hello,

Wouldn't that be after they've received the fax and it has printed? It's actually the forwarded part. It's saved in their share folder, but the fax machine still gets it after the fact and prints, and due to it being a multifunction unit I can't just take the paper out of it and there isn't a specific fax paper tray.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

First off the machine receives fax into its memory, and than (based on the settings) if prints or forwards or does both. To solve your problem you just need to put print option to off. Its under forwarding settings. I suggest you configure it thru web browser, its much easier.

In the section where you set up fax forwarding in the 3501i there is a checkbox to select whether to forward and print or just forward. Make sure the checkbox is set to forward only.

We are currently using a digital fax program to import each one to a pdf, but it still prints out the fax regardless.
    I'm assuming the 3501i is set to forward the fax to a folder where your software then does it's import.

Pr1nt3rs3v3rywh3r3

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo fan View Post
    First off the machine receives fax into its memory, and than (based on the settings) if prints or forwards or does both. To solve your problem you just need to put print option to off. Its under forwarding settings. I suggest you configure it thru web browser, its much easier.

Send and Forward is turned off as well as RX/Forward Rules. We have a splitter setup to go to a FF130 and to this Kyocera 3501i

Quote Originally Posted by Pr1nt3rs3v3rywh3r3 View Post
    Send and Forward is turned off as well as RX/Forward Rules. We have a splitter setup to go to a FF130 and to this Kyocera 3501i

Turn off auto reception on the 3501i.