Technician

Copystar CS3550ci - constant JAM 0000 and will not go into service mode

Unit displays constant Jam 0000 although there is no jam. Cannot test sensors with test command as the unit will not go into service mode no matter what you try. Have tried every trick I know of [leaving cover open, reboot, etc.] but absolutely will not go into service mode

Pulled and cleaned all sensors in conveyance section and trays but no help.

Technician

Re: Copystar CS3550ci - constant JAM 0000 and will not go into service mode

Quote Originally Posted by deserttech99 View Post
    Unit displays constant Jam 0000 although there is no jam. Cannot test sensors with test command as the unit will not go into service mode no matter what you try. Have tried every trick I know of [leaving cover open, reboot, etc.] but absolutely will not go into service mode

Pulled and cleaned all sensors in conveyance section and trays but no help.
    Fuser Section involved

Jam 0000 means there is a jam when the machine was powered on. What was the code triggered before the machine was rebooted?
    I don't think those machines go into service mode when it has a jam code on screen, error codes yes.
    There has to be something triggering it, small piece of paper, dislodged sensor arm, sensor out of place etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You can go into service mode with a jam present, there just cannot be an active job (print, scan, or fax).

If you still can't get into service mode even after checking your status screen, you can tell the general area of the jam or problem sensor by the screen's jam removal instructions. It splits the machine up into several areas and only shows instructions for removing jams in that specific sensor grouping.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Copystar CS3550ci - constant JAM 0000 and will not go into service mode

Quote Originally Posted by wragsdale View Post
    You can go into service mode with a jam present, there just cannot be an active job (print, scan, or fax).

If you still can't get into service mode even after checking your status screen, you can tell the general area of the jam or problem sensor by the screen's jam removal instructions. It splits the machine up into several areas and only shows instructions for removing jams in that specific sensor grouping.
    This is good info, unplug, remove fax entirely and disconnect network cable

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

start machine with any main door open, should eventually allow you to enter service mode. then u031 look at sensors to see what's triggered.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts tonerleak's Avatar

The conveying units on this series are notorious for these kind of false jam conditions. If you get into maintenance mode to check the sensors and the DU2 sensor is active, you may have to replace the conveying unit, have done literally dozens.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerleak View Post
    The conveying units on this series are notorious for these kind of false jam conditions. If you get into maintenance mode to check the sensors and the DU2 sensor is active, you may have to replace the conveying unit, have done literally dozens.
    I'll be honest. I don't think this is good advice. I've never seen a false jam condition that wasn't a worn out actuator, dirty/faulty sensor, or (rarely) bad pwb. Replacing the whole conveying unit seems like overkill.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

we had a 250ci do this, it was the exit flag above the fuser, it had warped and was catching. we reheated it to straighten it back out and havent had any more issues.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wragsdale View Post
    I'll be honest. I don't think this is good advice. I've never seen a false jam condition that wasn't a worn out actuator, dirty/faulty sensor, or (rarely) bad pwb. Replacing the whole conveying unit seems like overkill.
    I have this argument with my svc mgr all the time, sure it takes a coon's age to take apart and clean that DU2 sensor, and the stupid 7 pin plug populated with two wires is easy to break, but that's gotta be a better solution than replacing the entire conveying unit!