Taskalfa TA2552Ci

Im having print quality problems with a TA2552Ci.
    If I print a cyan test page from service mode the output is Cyan, if I copy a cyan page the output is cyan. However if i print a 100% cyan page the out put is dark blue.
    I have tried a KX and PDL driver also via USB all with poor results.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why printing is not producing good colour reproduction.

thanks in advance

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Re: Taskalfa TA2552Ci

Check out the color table profiles for printing in U485. Select RH for your print color table 1 as RH seems to give the best blues. This will also slightly change your other colors too though. If it doesn't look good, Play around with other color tables until you find the one that looks best!

the print color table 1 is what will print by default.

print color table 2 is what will print if you go printing preferences -> imaging tab -> color reproduction dropdown -> Custom table.

We generally set RH for print color table 1 and CA for print color table 2.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Taskalfa TA2552Ci

How many clicks on your consumables? Have you done a color calibration? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    How many clicks on your consumables? Have you done a color calibration? =^..^=
    The machine is brand new install and yes it has been calibrated. The copy reproduction is accurate.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Hi
    I had a client two weeks ago with the same issue. Their corporate colour would copy perfectly, but when printed was described as "too warm" by their graphics department.
    They created a PDF for me to demonstrate. It consisted of four patches of 100% C, M , Y and K plus a large patch of their Pantone colour.
    When printed, the results were terrible.
    I changed the colour table to KO for this client and they were happy with the reproduction of the four colours and the Pantone.

It was disturbing how poorly the machine printed these colours on the standard Kyo table.
    I have sent samples to our local Kyocera support team for their comment. I will advise of their reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    Hi
    I had a client two weeks ago with the same issue. Their corporate colour would copy perfectly, but when printed was described as "too warm" by their graphics department.
    They created a PDF for me to demonstrate. It consisted of four patches of 100% C, M , Y and K plus a large patch of their Pantone colour.
    When printed, the results were terrible.
    I changed the colour table to KO for this client and they were happy with the reproduction of the four colours and the Pantone.

It was disturbing how poorly the machine printed these colours on the standard Kyo table.
    I have sent samples to our local Kyocera support team for their comment. I will advise of their reply.

Thanks for your advise, I have been able to try it today and the advise worked perfectly.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by melmar View Post
    Thanks for your advise, I have been able to try it today and the advise worked perfectly.

Many thanks
    You can also try the Colour Optimizer plug in for the KX driver if you have a specific colour you are trying to match.

You can also try the Colour Optimizer plug in for the KX driver if you have a specific colour you are trying to match.

Many thanks for the advice, do you have a link to the optimizer thatyou can post.

Cheers

You'll need to run the PostSetup.exe and add the Optimizer as a plug in. You will find it in the KX driver in the Utility/PostInstall folder. You will also need to download the print driver manual from the Kyocera web site in order to get the most out of it.
    It allows you to use the eye dropper to choose the colour you need to reproduce, print out a chart to compare colours and then input the code for the swatch that matches your colour. I'd suggest you have a play with this at your office before going on site with it.
    Good luck.

You'll need to run the PostSetup.exe and add the Optimizer as a plug in. You will find it in the KX driver in the Utility/PostInstall folder. You will also need to download the print driver manual from the Kyocera web site in order to get the most out of it.
    It allows you to use the eye dropper to choose the colour you need to reproduce, print out a chart to compare colours and then input the code for the swatch that matches your colour. I'd suggest you have a play with this at your office before going on site with it.
    Good luck.
    Thanks, will give this a go.