Thread: C0640 Heads up

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C0640 Heads up

C0640 Heads up

Thought I would pass along something that we found. Had a 6551ci the went to C0640. It had the two drives, so we went in to switch it to one. Put a new drive in it & C0640 came back up. Tried all kinds of stuff including putting two drives back in & changing the sim back to two, but the C0640 remained. It does say, but doesn't emphasize that the single HDD has to be at least 320gb. Anything less & it will not run.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C0640 Heads up

Re: C0640 Heads up

good to know, thanks, do you use HDDs from your local stores, bestbuys, or pc shops? I've used Memory Experts HDDs that has a pretty good price point and it worked very well on other brands, but haven't tried them in the KYOs.

i just had a 6500i with dual HDDs that threw a C0640 that couldnt clear. Was about to replace both but instead ran a U024 Format HDD and it cleared the code. We'll see how long this will last.

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    C0640 Heads up

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    good to know, thanks, do you use HDDs from your local stores, bestbuys, or pc shops? I've used Memory Experts HDDs that has a pretty good price point and it worked very well on other brands, but haven't tried them in the KYOs.

i just had a 6500i with dual HDDs that threw a C0640 that couldnt clear. Was about to replace both but instead ran a U024 Format HDD and it cleared the code. We'll see how long this will last.
    3 days to 6 months. once it gives, it will fail. backup address book while you have it
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C0640 Heads up

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post

We get them from Tiger Direct, New egg or any of the equivalent. You can get them for around $50.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook