Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    task alfa 520i adf multifeed

I have a problem with multifeed in the adf... I have changed the upper and lower rollers in the feed section and the belt... I am now ordering the white piece that sits in the middle of the lower roller...

I know this machine is based on the km 3050,4050,5050 dp 760...

I am checking if anyone had similar issues on those models and how they fixed it...

thanks again any help is appreciated...
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: task alfa 520i adf multifeed

I've seen quite a few cracked torque limiters. That's the white piece in the center of the sep roller.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

These document feeders have very few issues with multifeeds.

The only thing that I can think of is a law firm that bought two used FalconIII's (KM-5050's) off the internet. They were using them to convert their paper records to scans. So there were two ladies working on two machines. First they would pull out these huge staples from bundles of 150 to 200 pages mixed size. Then they would try to load the whole 150 to 200 into the original tray (capacity 100), then it would multifeed or jam. The first issue was there were always more originals than the DF could take. The second issue was these massive staples leaving craters in the stack of paper which then would not separate.

After 4 or 5 visits I finally convinced them to use the job build function with 100 or less originals, but they would do nothing about the ragged holes left in the paper. I took some petty cash and bought them two bone folders (like recommended by Copystar) and demonstrated the separating of 100 previously stapled pages. Naturally they looked at me like I was insane. But it was absolutely the only way that those originals would feed.

I believe they eventually chose to annoy another copier service provider. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    I've seen quite a few cracked torque limiters. That's the white piece in the center of the sep roller.
    I will heed your advice

I would say you are a sick man xcept... I have been though similar situations lol...

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    These document feeders have very few issues with multifeeds.

The only thing that I can think of is a law firm that bought two used FalconIII's (KM-5050's) off the internet. They were using them to convert their paper records to scans. So there were two ladies working on two machines. First they would pull out these huge staples from bundles of 150 to 200 pages mixed size. Then they would try to load the whole 150 to 200 into the original tray (capacity 100), then it would multifeed or jam. The first issue was there were always more originals than the DF could take. The second issue was these massive staples leaving craters in the stack of paper which then would not separate.

After 4 or 5 visits I finally convinced them to use the job build function with 100 or less originals, but they would do nothing about the ragged holes left in the paper. I took some petty cash and bought them two bone folders (like recommended by Copystar) and demonstrated the separating of 100 previously stapled pages. Naturally they looked at me like I was insane. But it was absolutely the only way that those originals would feed.

I believe they eventually chose to annoy another copier service provider. =^..^=

yep torque limiter was the problem...