Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    CS1620/KM1620 C6000 Error

This machine needed a new fuser and drum unit for PCQ problems. All I did was replace both the fuser and drum units as an assembly and got a C6000 right off the bat. Cleared with U163, and reset fuser counter on U167, and drum reset. Code went away for a while, made more than a few copies including Maintenance reports and U089 test charts. Customer called back in an hour with C6000 error again. Did I get a bad fuser unit or is there something I'm missing?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: CS1620/KM1620 C6000 Error

I'd guess the fuser is bad. Did you check continuity on the lamps & themostat ?
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    I'd guess the fuser is bad. Did you check continuity on the lamps & themostat ?
    Thanks for the response.

No I did not check continuity. The fuser did get warm enough to make copies. I'm gonna go back to check the fuser today, perhaps the thermistor is not making good contact or something. I'll check continuity too, thanks again.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    This machine needed a new fuser and drum unit for PCQ problems. All I did was replace both the fuser and drum units as an assembly and got a C6000 right off the bat. Cleared with U163, and reset fuser counter on U167, and drum reset. Code went away for a while, made more than a few copies including Maintenance reports and U089 test charts. Customer called back in an hour with C6000 error again. Did I get a bad fuser unit or is there something I'm missing?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!
    There was a tech bulletin out many moons ago that showed how to modify the fuser cover to prevent it from pinching/dislodging the fuser wires when being installed. Just wondering if this unit was never modified and when you replaced the cover you damaged the fuser wires causing the C6000 code. If memory serves me correctly they were three or four of the cover ribs that needed to be cut to prevent them from pushing on the heater wires. At least it is worth a look.