Technician

Question Copystar CS520i Error Code C2250

during copying the user called and they have a error code C2250.

I pulled the charge assembly and it appeared jammed I think the gear was off a little, I reassembled it and then the wire cleaner was able to travel without binding .

I reassembled the copier and ran the hard reset.

after a few minutes the error code C2250 Reappeared. any suggestions please?

I don't like to guess, and I'm a bit rusty getting back in to the service business

Thank you in advance.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Copystar CS520i  Error Code C2250

Re: Copystar CS520i Error Code C2250

Quote Originally Posted by Raydicks View Post
    during copying the user called and they have a error code C2250.

I pulled the charge assembly and it appeared jammed I think the gear was off a little, I reassembled it and then the wire cleaner was able to travel without binding .

I reassembled the copier and ran the hard reset.

after a few minutes the error code C2250 Reappeared. any suggestions please?

I don't like to guess, and I'm a bit rusty getting back in to the service business

Thank you in advance.
    inspect the drive for the charge unit... make sure that gearing is good.. if fine replace charge assy

Technician

Thank you for the advice!

I assume that is the motor assembly with the smaller motor inside ( see attached photo) correct? do you know what the drive voltage is for the motor?
    and can the drive assembly be replaced without the entire Main charge unit MC-710 and I am pretty sure the part # for that whole assembly is 302GR93071 or 2GR93071? Thank you for your assistance I"ll let you know if it works.

I had taken it apart yesterday and it appeared ok but it was locked up after disassembling it and reassembling it then it worked. I reinstalled it and reset the copier and then i got the same error code after it tried a few times.

Thank everyone for reviewing and Phil B for the advice! I'll check today
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raydicks View Post
    Thank you for the advice!

I assume that is the motor assembly with the smaller motor inside ( see attached photo) correct? do you know what the drive voltage is for the motor?
    and can the drive assembly be replaced without the entire Main charge unit MC-710 and I am pretty sure the part # for that whole assembly is 302GR93071 or 2GR93071? Thank you for your assistance I"ll let you know if it works.

I had taken it apart yesterday and it appeared ok but it was locked up after disassembling it and reassembling it then it worked. I reinstalled it and reset the copier and then i got the same error code after it tried a few times.

Thank everyone for reviewing and Phil B for the advice! I'll check today
    hey Brother.. hope it werks out for ya!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

We found that in the long run just replacing the whole unit was cheaper than making 3 or 4 trips to try to isolate it to the motor or the charger itself. It never failed that whichever part we replaced first, it would turn out to need the other instead. Replacing the whole unit always got the job done in one.

You can clean the charge wires very easily manual then just leave the motor unplugged. It's only for the charger auto clean. Will work fine without

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technician

Re: Copystar CS520i Error Code C2250 has reappeared

Thanks for all the ideas and advice.

I did replace the complete unit. and everything worked great for about 4 months then today the same code happened.

I don't know if it matters but the user was wanting to fax something but it was in copy mode . entered the phone number and hit start it started copying over 1000 pages and then this error came up again.

I've reset power and checked the connection any suggestions?

Thanks...