Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Re: Kyocera TASKalfa 4002i - waste bottle error

Quote Originally Posted by fbriggs View Post
    We have several new 4002i machines stating that the toner door is open, or the bottle is not inserted. The Kyocera rep is coming out this week to take a look at them. I will let you know how it goes. Seems the U155 calibration does not fix it.
    Several bulletins are out for these exact problems.

Cheers

The Kyocera regional service rep came out for the "waste toner bottle not inserted" or "waste toner door open" message. This is not the false "waste toner full" message. He brought an entire waste toner box assembly with him. We replaced it. Now the door stays shut. It was quite a job. Had to strip the front and left side down to the frame. By yourself, first time job might be two hours. Take photos!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fbriggs View Post
    The Kyocera regional service rep came out for the "waste toner bottle not inserted" or "waste toner door open" message. This is not the false "waste toner full" message. He brought an entire waste toner box assembly with him. We replaced it. Now the door stays shut. It was quite a job. Had to strip the front and left side down to the frame. By yourself, first time job might be two hours. Take photos!
    Did a couple of the wtb assemblies. follow the manual, not to bad.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts The_Murph's Avatar

Service bulletin 2ND-0047 (H072) specifically pertains to the replacement waste box assembly. found it with an easy search of Astea Alliance QA site. It details the changes made to the system.
    If you phrase your inquiry properly, you will get the answers you seek...

Good Luck ... You'll need it! HAHAHA!

~Big Dan~

Technician

Kyocera is aware of this problem and working on fixing it .Up till now , there is no fix for it .Kyocera Rep will give you a firmware toinstall in the copier to disable displaying this Error message ( only disablenot fix ) . you will need to keep an eye on the Waste Toner Bottle and replaceit when it is full as the copier will not display a message sayingthat Waste Toner Bottle is Full .
    That what is Kyocera doing for now until they figure it out

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera TASKalfa 4002i - waste bottle error

The next firmware release will have a "fix" for the tank calibration issue but I think there's no change to the door, The waste tank door setup is pretty over engineered, how about a simple door and switch.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

If you're stuck in the field with one of these already apart(i'm that dumb), you can modify the pivot where the sensor arm for the combination weighscale/door sensor is seated, so that it moves more freely by scraping material from the hole. A lot stiffer retractor spring on the arm would probably also work...
    You *almost have to break the assembly to get it out of the seat. Tread with caution

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera TASKalfa 4002i - waste bottle error

Quote Originally Posted by sparkycivic View Post
    If you're stuck in the field with one of these already apart(i'm that dumb), you can modify the pivot where the sensor arm for the combination weighscale/door sensor is seated, so that it moves more freely by scraping material from the hole. A lot stiffer retractor spring on the arm would probably also work...
    You *almost have to break the assembly to get it out of the seat. Tread with caution
    Did you take any pix? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

IMG_20170530_113351.jpgIMG_20170530_113507.jpg

Here's the sensor removed. I wish I had taken more pictures but i was so frustrated at the time my phone was put out of reach, and wasn't aware of the bulletin at the time. See how the arm can stick in the down position. The door linkage pushes the arm all the way down indicating "door open". When the door is closed, the return spring on the sensor (pictured) must lift it up, and then the arm rests on the bottom of the container-carrier so that the weigh scale can move it to measure the waste container(variable output photo-interruptor).

The end of the arm pivot containing the coil spring was the one I found to be binding, so I spread the opposite end outward to free the arm. That's the tricky part where the plastic could break getting enough clearance to get the arm out. Then you can rework the holes using a knife tip or small drill bit. "Assembly is the reverse of removal".

This advice is probably better suited for later in life when these machines are off warranty and somehow never managed to cause issues, or if you're really stuck. Swapping the whole waste tank holder assy is so much simpler and less time consuming.