Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Question Error 1102 scanning to email with local authentication - Kyocera m2040

Without "local authentication" scanner to email works fine. When I enable it, I get error 1102.

guest.jpg

Job accounting is off. Private printing is on. Any ideas?

Re: Error 1102 scanning to email with local authentication - Kyocera m2040

The error 1102 means that “The login user name is incorrect or the domain name has not been entered.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Error 1102 scanning to email with local authentication - Kyocera m2040

Quote Originally Posted by shinjidf View Post
    Without "local authentication" scanner to email works fine. When I enable it, I get error 1102.

guest.jpg

Job accounting is off. Private printing is on. Any ideas?
    With local Authentication on, the machine is looking to use the user(s) name and password for the user that is trying to scan. When it is off it is using the username and password you setup for the SMTP server. Is there a reason you have local authentication turned on??

Some smtp settings don't need authentication turned on. If it works fine without great, less hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ricoh_rockstar View Post
    The error 1102 means that “The login user name is incorrect or the domain name has not been entered.
    Both login and domain name are correct, because after disabling user authentication the scanner works fine.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    With local Authentication on, the machine is looking to use the user(s) name and password for the user that is trying to scan. When it is off it is using the username and password you setup for the SMTP server.
    But with "guest user" should it not use SMTP user? Is it possible to set the email user for the guest user?
    Is there a reason you have local authentication turned on??
    I'm using authentication just to block users from unauthorized printing without the private printing password. That's the only way I found. We have to use private printing to comply to internal policy.
    I'm using "guest user" so that users doesn't have to log on the printer just to scan or copy.
    Last edited by shinjidf; 06-26-2017 at 01:26 PM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by daveh12 View Post
    Some smtp settings don't need authentication turned on. If it works fine without great, less hassle.
    I guess you're confusing smtp authentication with user authentication. Our email server does require authentication. I'm using user authentication to prevent unauthorized printing without private printing. We have to use private printing to comply to internal policy.

But with "guest user" should it not use SMTP user? Is it possible to set the email user for the guest user?

I'm using authentication just to block users from unauthorized printing without the private printing password. That's the only way I found. We have to use private printing to comply to internal policy.
    I'm using "guest user" so that users doesn't have to log on the printer just to scan or copy.
    Do you have a "guest user" account setup on the SMTP server? Just because it is a "guest' account it still uses the SMTP server and STILL requires to be authenticated! Private Print has Nothing to do with SMTP. It is the print driver that controls private print, is the driver setup on a server or individual computers? Based on what you have revealed so far, I would turn off the local authorization so the generic scan to email will use the SMTP server information you setup [a single account], and set the print driver to require a private print code. If the driver is on a server it is a one shot deal, if the driver[s] are on individual computers you will have to set that up on each computer and enter the code that is to be used. As a second thought, if your customer is trying to prevent "unauthorized" users from printing, why is the driver loaded on the user's machine in the first place? How does your customer's IT dept. control who can load a print driver?

Technician

Do you have a "guest user" account setup on the SMTP server?
    No, it is an AD user with Zimbra email account. The "guest user" I'm refering to is "guest authorization" on the local authentication setup.

It is the print driver that controls private print, is the driver setup on a server or individual computers?
    Driver is distributed on a Windows server 2012, but the private printing is configured in each computer, as each user has is own password.

Based on what you have revealed so far, I would turn off the local authorization so the generic scan to email will use the SMTP server information you setup [a single account], and set the print driver to require a private print code. If the driver is on a server it is a one shot deal, if the driver[s] are on individual computers you will have to set that up on each computer and enter the code that is to be used. As a second thought, if your customer is trying to prevent "unauthorized" users from printing, why is the driver loaded on the user's machine in the first place? How does your customer's IT dept. control who can load a print driver?
    Uh, that is a good idea. But blocking print driver installation will prevent notebook users from installing home printers.
    Is it possible to enforce private print code on the printer, so that users can't print without it? If I follow your suggestion users will be able to print without private code.
    Last edited by shinjidf; 06-27-2017 at 03:22 PM.

No, it is an AD user with Zimbra email account. The "guest user" I'm refering to is "guest authorization" on the local authentication setup.

Driver is distributed on a Windows server 2012, but the private printing is configured in each computer, as each user has is own password.

Uh, that is a good idea. But blocking print driver installation will prevent notebook users from installing home printers.
    Is it possible to enforce private print code on the printer, so that users can't print without it? If I follow your suggestion users will be able to print without private code.
    Blocking print driver install through active directory does not necessarily mean a laptop user can not install a home printer, the blocking occurs while they are connected to the corporate network and trying to install a driver for a network connected printer. This would also involve how the IT dept is setting up the laptops, is it on an individual basis [per laptop/user] or through group policy? Setting up the laptops individually allows them to determine who can install drivers and who can not, group policy would be all or none unless they had created special user groups and assigned the individual users to a specific group, ie allowed or not allowed.

If private print is set on the server's install of the print driver, a user would not be able to print without providing a pin code that they set on their downloaded print driver. When setting up the print preferences for the driver on the server you would set it to always prompt for a pin code. I feel that you are confusing local authorization and private print, the two are different and not related. You could have a wide open scan to email setup while still having the requirements for private print, the two are as separate as apple and organes