Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
Blocking print driver install through active directory does not necessarily mean a laptop user can not install a home printer, the blocking occurs while they are connected to the corporate network and trying to install a driver for a network connected printer. This would also involve how the IT dept is setting up the laptops, is it on an individual basis [per laptop/user] or through group policy? Setting up the laptops individually allows them to determine who can install drivers and who can not, group policy would be all or none unless they had created special user groups and assigned the individual users to a specific group, ie allowed or not allowed.

If private print is set on the server's install of the print driver, a user would not be able to print without providing a pin code that they set on their downloaded print driver. When setting up the print preferences for the driver on the server you would set it to always prompt for a pin code. I feel that you are confusing local authorization and private print, the two are different and not related. You could have a wide open scan to email setup while still having the requirements for private print, the two are as separate as apple and organes
All laptops use GPO.

I enabled to always prompt for a pin code. I'm only using local authorization to enable the "reject unknown ID job" function. But if I block the users from seeing the IP of the printer they'll have to add by the print server.