Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    FS-6525 finisher

FS-6525 finisher

I'm having trouble installing a DF-470 into an FS-6525. There doesn't appear to be an electrical connector for the attachment kit AK-740. I must be missing something.

The instructions show prying off a cover to expose the socket then sliding in the AK-740. My machine just has a flat wall where the removable cover is supposed to be.

Has anybody installed a finisher on an FS-6525 recently?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    FS-6525 finisher

Re: FS-6525 finisher

Your picture shows where the bridge unit slides in, the bridge unit is powered by the finisher's power source unit, When you install the bridge unit it does not have a connector in the back wall as you suppose. Slide in the bridge unit, install the power source on the left side of the unit, which connects in the back, install the finisher on the frame and install the exit tray per instructions, you are done. By the way, an AK-740 is not used on a FS-6525, it is for a totally different series of machines! What finisher are you trying to install??? The only finisher for a FS-6525 is a DF-470.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    FS-6525 finisher

Re: FS-6525 finisher

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Your picture shows where the bridge unit slides in, the bridge unit is powered by the finisher's power source unit, When you install the bridge unit it does not have a connector in the back wall as you suppose. Slide in the bridge unit, install the power source on the left side of the unit, which connects in the back, install the finisher on the frame and install the exit tray per instructions, you are done. By the way, an AK-740 is not used on a FS-6525, it is for a totally different series of machines! What finisher are you trying to install??? The only finisher for a FS-6525 is a DF-470.

Thank you. I have the wrong attachment kit.