Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    TA 300I Lower left door paper latch broke. Door doesn't close causing jams

On the left lower door, the latch hook "stub" holding the latch hook on one side of the Vertical paper path assembly broke. It looks to me that you have to change the whole paper path assembly to fix it. Is the any other way to fix this without buying the whole assembly ? I am not even sure where I can get one.. Any help is so appreciated. Thanks so much !!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: TA 300I Lower left door paper latch broke. Door doesn't close causing jams

If it were me, I would dig through my cornucopia of shoulder screws and find a couple various 6mm diameter board spacers, inside threaded to 3mm or 4mm. I would remove whatever components were in the way, then insert a 3mm or 4mm screw from the outside of the frame, then a flat washer, then the frame, then the board spacer on the inside. I would put a drop or two of Loctite or cyanoacetate on the screw threads to keep it secure, then quickly snug it up.

That's all assuming that the post is ~6mm and there remains a hole in the frame. What do you think?
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: TA 300I Lower left door paper latch broke. Door doesn't close causing jams

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    If it were me, I would dig through my cornucopia of shoulder screws and find a couple various 6mm diameter board spacers, inside threaded to 3mm or 4mm. I would remove whatever components were in the way, then insert a 3mm or 4mm screw from the outside of the frame, then a flat washer, then the frame, then the board spacer on the inside. I would put a drop or two of Loctite or cyanoacetate on the screw threads to keep it secure, then quickly snug it up.

That's all assuming that the post is ~6mm and there remains a hole in the frame. What do you think?
    =^..^=
    I sure like that Idea... I am not above doing stuff like that for sure. (That would be my choice) Turns out the transport assembly is a couple hundred bucks and I think that what the customer is doing though...