Kyocera TA-4501i Scan problem

Good day all
    I have a problem when scanning A4 to mail.
    The image cuts 23mm of the top and bottom of the pages when scanning portrait and when scanning A4 landscape, it rotates the image and only scans half the image.
    The Firmware is up to date and since the machine is connected and installed with MyQ Management software, no one can change the defaults on the device or server.

If I copy A4 landscape or portrait, everything is perfect. I have checked original and scan defaults but all seem okay.

Any ideas?
    doc20170713121009.pdf
    The product may be brilliant and the salesperson proficient, but if the technician isn’t efficient, then the story will end there.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Kyocera TA-4501i Scan problem

I think the fact that it is only scan and not copy is probably coincidence. The area that is scanned is perfectly aligned for the case when the machine auto-detects the original as statement (A5).

I would suggest removing the original size guides, cleaning the rake contact, applying a small amount of conductive grease, and pulling the contacts down a bit to ensure there isn't a gap.

edit: How did you scan the first sheet with "direction of scan" off the page? I'm reconsidering my assessment because of your portrait scan, as well.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

It is the size dect. board. This is a common issue. There is a bulletin on this. Get the new board with the grease. Warrantee the board and you can use the grease on the next machines that have the issue.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

What happens if you scan off the glass? if its ok i would also say its the size detection board

Hi. Thank you all !!
    It does make sense but...If I scan, the original size and copy/scan size is displayed on the device screen as A4.....
    It has the same problem when I scan to mail from the glass but.....If I scan to USB stick, it works correctly.

My thought is that it might have something to do with the PDF reader settings. In my country we use Centimeters and not Inches and if I look at the scanned document properties in Adobe it is displayed in inches.

??
    The product may be brilliant and the salesperson proficient, but if the technician isn’t efficient, then the story will end there.