Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5501i series?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    5501i series?

Re: 5501i series?

Quote Originally Posted by Maher View Post
    I just Googled Rain-X , it is a Car cover ???
    I am sure this is not what you are using . Can you please give us more details about that .
    Thank you so much in advance
    no it is a treatment ( liquid ) for your car windows to keep the rain slipping right off when the car is moving

https://www.rainx.com/products/glass...ents-cleaners/

it also keeps copier mirrors from hazing up due to ozone

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    5501i series?

We have about 300 of that series of machine in the field an they are moneymakers at any volume range.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    5501i series?

We have several in schools of that series and the 00 series as well. They do blow toner and will probably need a good cleaning around every 200-300k. You will need a vac and at least a 1.5- 2 hours unless I am just slow. This is what I do on the in between pm.

Turn machine off and unplug.

Remove the inner section and vacuum it,

Remove the DV unit remove Vacuum it to remove all exterior toner(especially by the mag roller), then remove the cooling duct cover and vac the cover and dv unit under the cover. Also where the rear of the DV inserts into the machine is a Duct that needs to be Vacuumed.

Remove the reg roller cleaner (to the right of where the DV unit was) Vacuum this also set all the above to the side.

Remove the conveying section and set aside.

Remove both lower covers

Remove the reg roller assy and Vacuum...I wouldn't use air here as I have seen it blow toner into the drive motor and lock it up. Now vacuum the pan of the machine as this will usually be covered in toner. Reinstall

Since the two lower covers are removed I usually pull both feed units and give them a good blow from the canned air and check the tires. reinstall

Remove top glass cover(Clean mirrors and bottom of glass if needed), and top right cover and right middle cover, remove the heater pwr board cover and give this and the fan a good cleaning, reinstall

Reinstall the lower covers.

Remove the transfer roller assy from the conveying unit and either blow or vacuum out the conveying unit...just remember that there are feed rollers that will be covered in toner so they will have to be cleaned if you go this route. Reinstall conveying section

Lift DP and remove the two filters behind and vacuum them and the duct/. Reinstall

Remove both rear covers using compressed air Main pwb and fan, remove toner fan lid and vacuum, remove toner box and filters and vacuum this as well the ducts. reinstall

Remove the filters on the left side of the machine and vacuum or blow them out and vacuum the ducts. reinstall

Reinstall reg roller cleaner, DV unit, and Inner section.

there you should be good for another 200-300k and I hope that this helps

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    5501i series?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottb View Post
    We have several in schools of that series and the 00 series as well. They do blow toner and will probably need a good cleaning around every 200-300k. You will need a vac and at least a 1.5- 2 hours unless I am just slow. This is what I do on the in between pm.

Turn machine off and unplug.

Remove the inner section and vacuum it,

Remove the DV unit remove Vacuum it to remove all exterior toner(especially by the mag roller), then remove the cooling duct cover and vac the cover and dv unit under the cover. Also where the rear of the DV inserts into the machine is a Duct that needs to be Vacuumed.

Remove the reg roller cleaner (to the right of where the DV unit was) Vacuum this also set all the above to the side.

Remove the conveying section and set aside.

Remove both lower covers

Remove the reg roller assy and Vacuum...I wouldn't use air here as I have seen it blow toner into the drive motor and lock it up. Now vacuum the pan of the machine as this will usually be covered in toner. Reinstall

Since the two lower covers are removed I usually pull both feed units and give them a good blow from the canned air and check the tires. reinstall

Remove top glass cover(Clean mirrors and bottom of glass if needed), and top right cover and right middle cover, remove the heater pwr board cover and give this and the fan a good cleaning, reinstall

Reinstall the lower covers.

Remove the transfer roller assy from the conveying unit and either blow or vacuum out the conveying unit...just remember that there are feed rollers that will be covered in toner so they will have to be cleaned if you go this route. Reinstall conveying section

Lift DP and remove the two filters behind and vacuum them and the duct/. Reinstall

Remove both rear covers using compressed air Main pwb and fan, remove toner fan lid and vacuum, remove toner box and filters and vacuum this as well the ducts. reinstall

Remove the filters on the left side of the machine and vacuum or blow them out and vacuum the ducts. reinstall

Reinstall reg roller cleaner, DV unit, and Inner section.

there you should be good for another 200-300k and I hope that this helps
    agree NEVER hurts to a through job!

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    5501i series?

The 01 series run much cleaner than their predecessor. They eliminated many of the unnecessary fans. As Blackcat said, I would clean the laser unit when refurbing. Also vacuum out the black toner box on the back.
    They do run very well though.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    5501i series?

Thanks for all the great info guys.
    This really helps me a lot.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    5501i series?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    i have had GREAT success using "Nu Finish" car polish on charge rollers.. ( everything from Canon - HP - Oki - Xerox - Samsung - Muritec - LexMark - Ricoh ) clean with water.. dry.. coat roller with the polish and buff off... ones with really bad build up.. repeat. Tends to keep build up off and makes the print bolder.

I have also used " Rain-X " on copier mirrors that tend to build up ozone quick.... alcohol first then the rainx

I have also used and still use Nu Finish on certain charge rollers.
    Works better than anything being sold in our business, that I know of.
    I'll try the rain-x
    thanks