Thread: Blank Screen

Junior Tech 50+ Posts Arc Angel's Avatar

Blank Screen

Hi,
    When I switch on our Task alfa 3010i, the screen comes on completely blank, and then after say about 2 minutes, the contrast light comes on, and the screen is just white....no Welcome sign, nothing at all....I have changed the Main board, but the problem continued. Then I took the control panel to a friend with the same machine, and tested it....It worked perfectly...Is there any other solutions for this issue.

Thanks
    The secrete of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age..... No man is so poor as to have nothing worth giving.

Re: Blank Screen

The company i was working for a while ago had a trainee setup a new machine and he installed a fax system but he installed the fax memory DIMM the wrong way around (obviously didnt read installation notes). The machine powered on but there was no response on the screen (cannot remember exactly but i do remember that the machine was unresponsive with no welcome message or no "normal" operation). Another tech ordered the Main Board, i had to go and replace it and still got the same. Only after i removed the fax system (and Memory DIMM) did the machine started behaving the way it was supposed to.
    So any suggestions i can make is to get the machine to be a plain copier (you didnt mention about any extras added on to the machine) and take it from there.
    Have you tried updating firmware?
    Last edited by gtheflea; 07-26-2017 at 04:02 PM. Reason: typed too quickly and didnt add small detail

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Take off operation panel and reseat all the connectors and flat cables in it. Also upgrade firmware to the latest.

flat_cable.jpg
    Last edited by Kyo fan; 07-26-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Junior Tech 50+ Posts Arc Angel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo fan View Post
    Take off operation panel and reseat all the connectors and flat cables in it. Also upgrade firmware to the latest.

flat_cable.jpg
    Thanks for the replies guys, but I have tested the operation panel, and it works fine. I will check the fax system.
    The secrete of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age..... No man is so poor as to have nothing worth giving.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts George J's Avatar

I've found a note from a colleague

"White screen
    Problem in Main PWB. Problem still there after replacement of Main PWB. Booted machine WITHOUT usb connections, memory, EEPROM etc.Machine off. Refitted usb / memory / EEPROM etc.
    u904 to reset all errors.

Tried this with the old pwb - did not work. Caused by faulty pwb."

Haven't tried it myself but worth a try.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Blank Screen

If the unit has a HDD replace it

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Blank Screen

Quote Originally Posted by gtheflea View Post
    The company i was working for a while ago had a trainee setup a new machine and he installed a fax system but he installed the fax memory DIMM the wrong way around (obviously didnt read installation notes). The machine powered on but there was no response on the screen (cannot remember exactly but i do remember that the machine was unresponsive with no welcome message or no "normal" operation). Another tech ordered the Main Board, i had to go and replace it and still got the same. Only after i removed the fax system (and Memory DIMM) did the machine started behaving the way it was supposed to.
    So any suggestions i can make is to get the machine to be a plain copier (you didnt mention about any extras added on to the machine) and take it from there.
    Have you tried updating firmware?
    That is SOP with any machine with Plug-and-Play accessories. Strip it done to the base machine. If it works start adding back accessories until it acts up. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Which LED visible?
    Have had similar cases on JupiterII range.
    Mostly related to bad connections from memory.
    See below my list from test on JupiterII with same controlling, what happens if.....
    LCD Backlight F000 Memory LED Warning LED Power LED Touchscreen Keyboard Sound reason
    Black->White -- Y Y Y -- -- -- 1GB Memory defect, missing contact, MPWB,OPPWB faulty
    Black->White -- -- Y Y -- -- -- 2GB Memory defect, missing contact, MPWB,OPPWB faulty
    Black->White -- -- Y Y -- -- -- 1GB +2GB Memory defect, missing contact, MPWB,OPPWB defect/ Attention! While BK Screen only Power LED on
    regards

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had twice where the Flat cable had one connection peeled back from the leading edge during assembly. really hard to spot, and sometimes happens during re-assembly too.