Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

M3550idn disquised as a Ricoh

I'm not 100% on the model, but anyway, this relabel has had doc feeder multi feed issues since install. Only 25k on this, but changed out sep pad anyway. Does OK on first part of packet, then multi feeds when down to about 10 originals remaining. Not just double feeding but taking in 3 or 4 at a time.

We don't have many of these, thought I would reach across the aisle to any Kyocera techs that might have seen this.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: M3550idn disquised as a Ricoh

Quote Originally Posted by donking289 View Post
    I'm not 100% on the model, but anyway, this relabel has had doc feeder multi feed issues since install. Only 25k on this, but changed out sep pad anyway. Does OK on first part of packet, then multi feeds when down to about 10 originals remaining. Not just double feeding but taking in 3 or 4 at a time.

We don't have many of these, thought I would reach across the aisle to any Kyocera techs that might have seen this.

Those feeders are actually quite reliable. Is there enough pressure underneath the pad? Have you replaced the springs?
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Yes, the new sep pad assy came with springs. I did find some other springs with more pressure. This seems to have helped. Time will tell if this resolves the issue without any negative side effects.

Thanks for the input!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donking289 View Post
    Yes, the new sep pad assy came with springs. I did find some other springs with more pressure. This seems to have helped. Time will tell if this resolves the issue without any negative side effects.

Thanks for the input!
    try stretching out the spring some... I find that helps on a lot of different brands that have springs under retard rollers .. sep pads