Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CS-1650

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CS-1650

Re: CS-1650

No SMB on that machine, sorry, think it requires HDD to do SMB.

Scanner File Utility is the only way.

Is your network within your PC set as public or Private? It has to be private otherwise it won't connect. The same applies if SMB would be available.
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    CS-1650

Is that in the network card > ip4 > Properties? If not, where? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    No SMB on that machine, sorry, think it requires HDD to do SMB.

Scanner File Utility is the only way.

Is your network within your PC set as public or Private? It has to be private otherwise it won't connect. The same applies if SMB would be available.

Re: Public or Private firewall setting.
    BC's already tried turning the PC firewall off when attempting the SFU connection.The fact that windows firewall was turned off should have allowed the SFU software to access all services and ports. I'm confident BC wouldn't have shut off any Win10 background services like svchost.exe.

Win10 will most liking be running the old version of SFU application inside a protected memory space by default.When BC install the older version of the SFU program Win10 may have paused the installation and prompt with a dialogue "This program is not compatible with this version of windows ra ra ra..." The old SFU will be a 32bit application being run on a New 64bit memory PC.

It could be that the new version of win10 requires the addition of a UAC policy setting by placing "Allow Everyone" in the SFU share.

BC, I assume you still have your old XP laptop box lay around with the older version of SFU on it. This is probably a moot point, but you may like to try a direct cross over cable on the old XP box and get all the comms settings working on that, then change over to your new Win10 PC. At least you'll have part of the MFD comms sorted out.

Re: The joy of I.T.
    Grit your teeth an bare it, I.T. can be heaven or hell all in one operation.... As you well know it's all heaven when its working...
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 08-12-2017 at 12:18 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    CS-1650

Hi Blackcat,
    The latest version of the SFU is 4.11.02. This is the version we have used to install it on Win10 machines. To install as administrator, when you highlight the setup.exe file you right click on it and in the new pop-up window you choose run as administrator. I would first go through control panel and uninstall any versions of the program that you have installed, even older versions. Just to start from a clean slate. After install make sure that either Scanner File utility or Natscan.com is allowed through whatever firewalls are used. Another thought, what permission levels are set on the user account you are using to install the SFU? Had a case a few months ago where their IT people said that the account had the proper permissions to install the utility only to discover it did not even when selecting run as Administrator. The install indicated that it had completed successfully but it had not. Spent several hours on this before getting a real admin account to finish the install. Hope this helps, if you have additional problems, let us know.

CS-1650

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Re: Public or Private firewall setting.
    BC's already tried turning the PC firewall off when attempting the SFU connection.The fact that windows firewall was turned off should have allowed the SFU software to access all services and ports. I'm confident BC wouldn't have shut off any Win10 background services like svchost.exe...
    No, don't know enough about the services listed in Task Manager to change anything. About the farthest I'll go is to look for stalled apps if it's responding slowly.

Win10 will most liking be running the old version of SFU application inside a protected memory space by default.When BC install the older version of the SFU program Win10 may have paused the installation and prompt with a dialogue "This program is not compatible with this version of windows ra ra ra..." The old SFU will be a 32bit application being run on a New 64bit memory PC...
    That's the case right there.

It could be that the new version of win10 requires the addition of a UAC policy setting by placing "Allow Everyone" in the SFU share...
    "Everyone" is on the share.

BC, I assume you still have your old XP laptop box lay around with the older version of SFU on it. This is probably a moot point, but you may like to try a direct cross over cable on the old XP box and get all the comms settings working on that, then change over to your new Win10 PC. At least you'll have part of the MFD comms sorted out....
    There's a story about that: The XP box began sputtering about 6 weeks ago, at which point I ordered up the replacement. It arrived a few days later.

I tripped over the box for the next 5 weeks until the old PC went into it's death spasms. At that point I unpacked the new one. I did have the forethought to back up the important files the same day it began sputtering.

I've had the CS-1650 for a few years now, it's just never been connected. Monday I blew off an inch of dust and cat hair to get a better look at it. It had never been connected. I'm beginning to doubt if printing will be possible. If I watch a continuous ping screen, the printer NIC will ping back successfully for about 15 seconds then drops. It might just be a very effective paperweight, or plain copier only.

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Hi Blackcat,
    The latest version of the SFU is 4.11.02. This is the version we have used to install it on Win10 machines. To install as administrator, when you highlight the setup.exe file you right click on it and in the new pop-up window you choose run as administrator. I would first go through control panel and uninstall any versions of the program that you have installed, even older versions. Just to start from a clean slate. After install make sure that either Scanner File utility or Natscan.com is allowed through whatever firewalls are used. Another thought, what permission levels are set on the user account you are using to install the SFU? Had a case a few months ago where their IT people said that the account had the proper permissions to install the utility only to discover it did not even when selecting run as Administrator. The install indicated that it had completed successfully but it had not. Spent several hours on this before getting a real admin account to finish the install. Hope this helps, if you have additional problems, let us know.
    Thanks Santander. =^..^=

CS-1650

Solved 2 issues:
    1) Loaded 4.11.02 SFU, Ran as Administrator, and changed firewall setting for the rule FTP Allow, to Allow all Services. Connects and scans. The DF doesn't work, but that's the least of my worries.

2) The second network cable is intermittent. Probably chewed through by the cat (again). Time to make another cable. Maybe that will get me printing.

3) Tried email, but no dice. It would require a local email server port 25.

Thanks again.

CS-1650

2) Bad switch port. Swapped ports and we're printing.

Just to figure out the original misfeeds and replace the drum and I think we're good. Apparently they're in-stock. =^..^=