Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Copystar CS3010i Mixed Originals

I have a customer with Copystar CS3010i. He is unhappy because it will not auto detect original size.
    Buyers Lab says machine has auto paper select but when I looked at the user manual on page 8-11 it says Auto Detect Original Size “(Available for metric models only)”.

Does this machine really not have the ability to detect letter or legal original and select the corresponding paper drawer?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Copystar CS3010i Mixed Originals

Re: Copystar CS3010i Mixed Originals

Quote Originally Posted by dpw123 View Post
    I have a customer with Copystar CS3010i. He is unhappy because it will not auto detect original size.
    Buyers Lab says machine has auto paper select but when I looked at the user manual on page 8-11 it says Auto Detect Original Size “(Available for metric models only)”.

Does this machine really not have the ability to detect letter or legal original and select the corresponding paper drawer?

This unit will auto detect the original size and copy on to the appropriate size paper as long as auto detect is turned on. Mixed original size which you state is your problem, is a different animal and must be selected by the user at the time of scanning and additionally the paper must be in the proper position for it to work. For example, if I am scanning a mix of letter and legal sizes, one drawer must have legal and another drawer must have the letter size paper loaded on the short edge [81/2x11] if the letter size is loaded in the paper drawer as 11x81/2 it will not work. During mixed sized original copying the auto rotation is not enabled so the unit will not automatically rotate a letter size original that is scanned on the short edge to paper in the drawer that is on the long edge. The same would hold true if you were scanning letter and ledger. The letter size in this case must be on the long edge [11x81/2] to match the width of the ledger size original.