Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CS2560  Display goes black after warmup

Thumbs up CS2560 Display goes black after warmup

CS2560 with black screen and no response to key entries.

When machine is turned on the display comes on and says "program loading" then the Memory indicator flases twice and a couple of
    seconds later the display goes black and machine will not respond to any keys being selected such as copy mode button and start button.

I understand that the customer was in the habit of leaving machine on all the time until this happened. At times the screen would come back on and
    it would work normally.

I also heard a high pitched hum coming from just above bypass tray. Very grateful for any assistance. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: CS2560 Display goes black after warmup

Quote Originally Posted by axyun View Post
    CS2560 with black screen and no response to key entries.

When machine is turned on the display comes on and says "program loading" then the Memory indicator flases twice and a couple of
    seconds later the display goes black and machine will not respond to any keys being selected such as copy mode button and start button.

I understand that the customer was in the habit of leaving machine on all the time until this happened. At times the screen would come back on and
    it would work normally.

I also heard a high pitched hum coming from just above bypass tray. Very grateful for any assistance. Frank/ActionPhotocopy
    There could be two causes for the black screen. First would be the user has been using the main power switch to shut down the unit and the HDD(s) are now corrupted to the point that they cannot load on start-up. You could try to reformat the HDD, but if they have been using the main power switch to shut down the unit, you are probably looking at having to replace the HDD(s). The other case is that the panel firmware is corrupted and has locked up the panel. You can reboot the operation panel by removing the lower cover and sliding the very small switch to the boot position to reset the operation panel and then reloading the firmware. Be patient as this process takes quite some time before the unit indicates it has completed, upwards of 10 to 15 minutes. Based on your description, I would suspect case one [HDD]. Let us know how it goes and hope we have helped.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    There could be two causes for the black screen. First would be the user has been using the main power switch to shut down the unit and the HDD(s) are now corrupted to the point that they cannot load on start-up. You could try to reformat the HDD, but if they have been using the main power switch to shut down the unit, you are probably looking at having to replace the HDD(s). The other case is that the panel firmware is corrupted and has locked up the panel. You can reboot the operation panel by removing the lower cover and sliding the very small switch to the boot position to reset the operation panel and then reloading the firmware. Be patient as this process takes quite some time before the unit indicates it has completed, upwards of 10 to 15 minutes. Based on your description, I would suspect case one [HDD]. Let us know how it goes and hope we have helped.
    I like this choice. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

pm me your email for assistance

Thumbs up Re: CS2560 Display goes black after warmup

Thank you Santander for that info.