Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

T/A 3500i doc feeder

Hello all, I have a T/A 3500i that I got back on a lease return and bought it out so I could keep it for a rental. The copy count is right at 60k but the doc feeder has almost a million on it. Any suggestions on what I should replace besides the normal stuff (feed and sep, pick up, etc.) ?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    T/A 3500i doc feeder

Re: T/A 3500i doc feeder

Quote Originally Posted by logrady2331 View Post
    Hello all, I have a T/A 3500i that I got back on a lease return and bought it out so I could keep it for a rental. The copy count is right at 60k but the doc feeder has almost a million on it. Any suggestions on what I should replace besides the normal stuff (feed and sep, pick up, etc.) ?
    We have had very few problems with these doc feeders, they are rock solid. Changing the normal items as you state, should suffice even with almost a million scans.

Service Manager 100+ Posts eddie110171's Avatar

Re: T/A 3500i doc feeder

If you are prepping it to go out I would change the Torque Limiter, it is the piece that the Pulley Separation (commonly called the retard roller) fits over. I have had those go out several times on high count DPs. It will cause an intermittent multi-feed of pages in DP. IMHO