Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

CS-1820 machine - all settings reset including model number

Strange problem, we have two (2) CS-1820 machines (different customers) that have both been in place for 1-2 years and each have over 100K prints. Both have had new process units installed and were working correctly, until out of the blue all user settings (IP address, company fax info, address book, and network info) are reset like its new from the factory and the machine model number had been change to the CS-1118.

I realize that the 1820 and 1118 are the same machine, just US and European versions, but something has happened to cause these units to reset. Both machines are now reset up for the end users and working correctly, they just display the incorrect model on status pages and when connecting through the Command Center. Kyocera techs blame a bad firmware update, but firmware was not been updated. I have the instructions for resetting the model numbers (sending some prescribe commands to the machine), and will do so at some point, but the machines are working correctly and not wanting to screw that up.

I am hoping someone here has had this happen before and knows what the cause is. Any response would be appreciated. Thanks.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Wierd, have other techs worked on the machines besides you? I have seen techs do dumb shit. Ask your customer to unplug the machine before leaving for the day. Then plug in the machine when they open. Lost data? All though I do not have any of these in the field, I have seeen other machines do this when batteries are bad or switched off. In Florida we have a lot of power problems and they cause havock in some machines. A good line conditioner/surge protector can do wonders. Kyocera highly reccomends them......Ant

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I had a "Green" customer that shut off the copier (VoyagerE) & server every night and unplugged them.

The day after setup (surprise, surprise) the scanner settings were gone, and the server had selected a different IP (scanner was set to DHCP?)

You should be able to reset the destination (aka manufacurer identifier code). I looked through the manual but I don't see it. It is usually simulation 265. If the value is at "66" it is a Copystar, if it is at "2" it is a Kyocera Mita. There are other options but those are the two most common settings.

This is actually the opposite of what I had happen. My Copystar became a Kyocera Mita, but just resetting the destination did the trick. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=