Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    CapnWes

Intermittent LAN failure TA 5500i

Hello all,
    We just acquired a 5500i and it appears to lose LAN connection periodically. The status lights on the LAN port go out and it loses connection to our network. The port isn't powered and was previously used for 3 years by a TA520i with no problem. Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution? Thanks in advance.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Intermittent LAN failure TA 5500i

try forcing it to a lesser connect speed than whatever it's negotiating via auto... try a half-duplex mode too, that eliminates one of the pairs in the cable if there's a bad pair, it will either fail to connect, or connect better. punch blocks in the wall and rack can be fickle depending on many factors including the passage of time

CapnWes

Quote Originally Posted by sparkycivic View Post
    try forcing it to a lesser connect speed than whatever it's negotiating via auto... try a half-duplex mode too, that eliminates one of the pairs in the cable if there's a bad pair, it will either fail to connect, or connect better. punch blocks in the wall and rack can be fickle depending on many factors including the passage of time
    Thanks sparky, I changed the speed from auto negotiate to half duplex and we haven't had any more problems today. Thanks for the excellent solution.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Intermittent LAN failure TA 5500i

I had (6) CS-5050's all in the same building dropping off the network. It seemed random at first, but once I had pulled all the reports I discovered that they typically dropped off around 5:00am each morning, and jumped back on around 3:30pm each afternoon. The power quality analyzer confirmed what I kinda already knew.

Each morning the first task was to unload flatbed tractor trailers with this huge electronic crane. The clue came a few days later. No shipments to unload and not network loss. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=