Senior Tech 100+ Posts

C2810

Hi
    kyocera 4551ci displaying error code C2810

1. just when its ready

2. after it picks paper and jams at registration roller

3. After the paper comes out from the exit

i have checked all the motors,senors and switches

whats happening is when i go to U031 to test the sensors exit job separator is Constant blue and when i put a paper on the sensor its not detecting any paper jam

i have tried to upgrade the firmware nothing is happening

what could be the problem

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: C2810

Without a job separator installed, the job separator sensor will be in a constant triggered state. It has nothing to do with your C2810.

Follow the SM and check the gear drive chain for the waste toner. Take it apart, clean, and visually inspect everything. Running U030 (from what you've said in your other post) only gives you a small look at a much larger picture.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wragsdale View Post
    Without a job separator installed, the job separator sensor will be in a constant triggered state. It has nothing to do with your C2810.

Follow the SM and check the gear drive chain for the waste toner. Take it apart, clean, and visually inspect everything. Running U030 (from what you've said in your other post) only gives you a small look at a much larger picture.
    Hi thanks

i have cleaned the gear drive chain for waste toner which is rotating very free there is the sensor just above the 2nd transfer roller even when i put a paper and close the machine its not detecting any jam sometimes it ll make a copy then error sometimes it ll pick the paper and jam at the 2nd transfer roller then error sometime it ll jam in the fuser then error sometimes i ll be just ready to copy then error sometimes it ll just try to pick then error

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

kyocera 1.jpg

This is were the paper is jamming from and gives error code C2810

Sometimes its passing thru to fuser or complete the coping sometimes not even picking the paper

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I would suggest replacing the waste toner motor in that case.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I would suggest replacing the waste toner motor in that case.
    The motor that drives the toner waste box is the some that drives the MID ROLLER which is working okey when i check it in U030 and the Regist is rotating okey.The paper is passing the mid roller up to the Regist roller the sometime the error just comes after the machine is ready to copy

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I think you guys might be barking up the wrong waste tree... Does this code not mean that the waste motor(the only actual waste motor) which conveys the waste from the transfer belt toward the inner-unit at the front of the machine is at fault?
    Pull your yellow drm/developer and see if there's a bunch of crap piled on the lefthand side front of the yellow developer. that will tell you that the waste from the transfer belt isnt getting hauled effectively away due to the malfunction of the aforementioned motor or gears/auger piling-up in that little unit tucked in the front corner of the machine...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sparkycivic View Post
    I think you guys might be barking up the wrong waste tree... Does this code not mean that the waste motor(the only actual waste motor) which conveys the waste from the transfer belt toward the inner-unit at the front of the machine is at fault?
    Pull your yellow drm/developer and see if there's a bunch of crap piled on the lefthand side front of the yellow developer. that will tell you that the waste from the transfer belt isnt getting hauled effectively away due to the malfunction of the aforementioned motor or gears/auger piling-up in that little unit tucked in the front corner of the machine...
    Yes, I was referring to Waste Toner Motor (WTM) which is connected to Front PWB (YC16). The waste toner bottle auger(I believe) gets drive from the middle motor and is unrelated to C2810.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yes, I was referring to Waste Toner Motor (WTM) which is connected to Front PWB (YC16). The waste toner bottle auger(I believe) gets drive from the middle motor and is unrelated to C2810.
    Thanks i removed the waste toner motor cleaned it its rotating freely when i check the motor in U030 when i execute FEED its rotating okey together which the transfer belt can the motor be fault if its rotating during warm up and how is it suppose to rotate continuous or rotate stop and rotate again