Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Kyocera Ecosys M3550idn

I replaced the rear cover because the sensor flag in that cover that is used for duplex copies had been bent such that it was hitting other parts of the guides and wrinkling the lead edge of the paper and slowing it down and causing jams . When I replaced the part , the machine worked fine for about 3 months , now the flag has been bent again and the rear cover is needed again as the flag can not be ordered separately . All I can figure is that someone may be being a bit rough with or removing paper jams incorrectly . Has anyone else had this problem and maybe have an idea as to why it has recurred so soon . I checked with one of my vendors and they looked at the tech bulletins for this machine and saw nothing relating to this issue . Customer wants clarity as to why this happened again so soon before I order the part . Thanks in advance , Ark .

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Kyocera Ecosys M3550idn

I haven't seen this (yet) but I feel like I should ask: is it really hot at the back of that machine? Like is it installed in a cubbyhole, or pushed against the wall or anything like that?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts The_Murph's Avatar

Re: Kyocera Ecosys M3550idn

I agree with Spark about the heat. I have a goofy question, how is the flag bent? What I mean is, is it bent as if it were heated and bent or does it have a more "abrupt" bend to it? depending on how they access the rear cover, its possible that, in the act of reaching behind the machine, perhaps someone is catching it on something like a watch band or the like. In looking at that flag on a machine here in the office, I just dont see it happening without "assistance," and we all know how secretive of assistants end users tend to be ... "It just started doing it ..." or "I was just standing here and this part popped out," or my personal favorite ... the ghost who breaks the equipment the casually walks away before anyone sees them in the area (making the next user the lucky recipient of the blame). I don't see this being organic is the point I'm making. Also, provide a pic which shows the bend on the flag, this may be a way to confirm the issue.
    If you phrase your inquiry properly, you will get the answers you seek...

Good Luck ... You'll need it! HAHAHA!

~Big Dan~