Technician

Kyocera Taskalfa 4500i not pulling paper from MP tray when print job sent to machine

Hi People! I have a customer with a Kyocera taskalfa 4500i that won't pull paper from the MP(bypass) tray went a print job is sent to the copier. I go to the printer page setup and select the MP tray with everything else set at default mode. I send the job to the printer/copier and it doesn't do anything. Meanwhile the print job just sits in the queue and does nothing else. I have tried reloading the drivers but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Has anyone seen this before or have a clue what could be creating this problem. One other thing, when I go to the machine and load paper in the MP tray and put a original on the glass/doc feeder and press the start button. Then the machine requires you to press the start button to actually start the process or else the machine will sit there with paper size error on the display. This is after selecting the correct paper size and paper type in the MP tray function. Oddly enough, when the machine was first installed about 9 months ago there was never this problem. Thanks!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera Taskalfa 4500i not pulling paper from MP tray when print job sent to machine

Re: Kyocera Taskalfa 4500i not pulling paper from MP tray when print job sent to mach

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin57 View Post
    Hi People! I have a customer with a Kyocera taskalfa 4500i that won't pull paper from the MP(bypass) tray went a print job is sent to the copier. I go to the printer page setup and select the MP tray with everything else set at default mode. I send the job to the printer/copier and it doesn't do anything. Meanwhile the print job just sits in the queue and does nothing else. I have tried reloading the drivers but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Has anyone seen this before or have a clue what could be creating this problem. One other thing, when I go to the machine and load paper in the MP tray and put a original on the glass/doc feeder and press the start button. Then the machine requires you to press the start button to actually start the process or else the machine will sit there with paper size error on the display. This is after selecting the correct paper size and paper type in the MP tray function. Oddly enough, when the machine was first installed about 9 months ago there was never this problem. Thanks!!!
    sounds like you have paper size/type mismatch for the MPT tray.. double check settings on copier and computer.

Technician

Re: Kyocera Taskalfa 4500i not pulling paper from MP tray when print job sent to mach

Hi! Got it figured out! I took a laptop into my customer's office and connected it directly to the machine via USB cable/port. It worked fine and apparently there is a glitch in the software. Having in house IT techs uninstall drivers and software from server then reload everything. Thanks Phil B. for your suggestion!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin57 View Post
    Hi! Got it figured out! I took a laptop into my customer's office and connected it directly to the machine via USB cable/port. It worked fine and apparently there is a glitch in the software. Having in house IT techs uninstall drivers and software from server then reload everything. Thanks Phil B. for your suggestion!
    Hey glad to hear it worked out for ... please do all us techs a favor... if we give you some advise that works out... please LIKE our reply to the thread where you got the useful info from.... it boots our reliability rating. I also LIKE replies from other techs when they make a suggestion that I didn't think of.

yeah it's a good thing to test with a laptop... if your customer is printing via ENET .. get yourself a cross over CAT5 cable... set your port on your laptop to one octet above or below the copier/printer IP addy and test it that way... that will ALWAYS rule out the machine failure... and might get you onto your next call quicker.

I a;ways try to test via the same port that the customer uses. and if you can get the file they are having probs with onto a thumb drive and print that file from your lapper that will also prove either network issue or even problems with the file.