Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician
    kyocera c2126 vs Mac computer

Angry kyocera c2126 vs Mac computer

copiers working well , but customer has Mac v1211.6 pro laptop. When printing single 2 pages on duplex no problem, but to print 3sets duplex pages printer beeps asks to continue and then produces error message that it can only print one set as memory full...Is it as simple as adding more ram memory?
    Status page says it has 2 Gb.. I don t know Macs. Is a hard drive upgrade worth it ? of course the guy prints alot and is far from the shop....printer was trade in has 9000 total pages on it

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts justanotherhack's Avatar

Re: kyocera c2126 vs Mac computer

Are they using Kyocera driver (preferred) or generic Mac/AirPrint driver? You may need to add more memory and max out RAM disk.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    kyocera c2126 vs Mac computer

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherhack View Post
    Are they using Kyocera driver (preferred) or generic Mac/AirPrint driver? You may need to add more memory and max out RAM disk.
    my bet it's AIRPRINT had the same issue with a Epson 8590... damn MAC would keep installing AIR PRINT until I forced it to use the Epson driver

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by vsluggo View Post
    copiers working well , but customer has Mac v1211.6 pro laptop. When printing single 2 pages on duplex no problem, but to print 3sets duplex pages printer beeps asks to continue and then produces error message that it can only print one set as memory full...Is it as simple as adding more ram memory?
    Status page says it has 2 Gb.. I don t know Macs. Is a hard drive upgrade worth it ? of course the guy prints alot and is far from the shop....printer was trade in has 9000 total pages on it
    Disable Ram disk in the driver options. Also disable ram disk option from the mfp control panel, I think itīs in the system menu-common settings... maybe in the system options

Senior Tech 100+ Posts The_Murph's Avatar

If printing from an Adobe product, There is a default enabled box in advanced settings entitled "JPEG 3000" it clearly states that the driver will use maximum allowed dpi to process the job. Something else we have done for similar issues to yours is to change the spooling option to print as it spools, that way the job size becomes moot(ish). Also try the "print as image" button on pdf documents, that will create a single image for the driver to process vs text and picture boxes individually. I recomend installing the MAC v4.0 driver as well, it was released just a couple days ago, very easy to install now, seems to have some bugs worked out.

Hope this helps.
    If you phrase your inquiry properly, you will get the answers you seek...

Good Luck ... You'll need it! HAHAHA!

~Big Dan~

Senior Tech 100+ Posts The_Murph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    my bet it's AIRPRINT had the same issue with a Epson 8590... damn MAC would keep installing AIR PRINT until I forced it to use the Epson driver
    Go into command center and disable airprint in the protocols section for MAC auto driver install, and disable WSD print to disable the auto population of uni-driver on PC.
    If you phrase your inquiry properly, you will get the answers you seek...

Good Luck ... You'll need it! HAHAHA!

~Big Dan~