Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ecosys M6535 cidn "Clean the Slit Glass"

Customer tapes receipts to their originals and runs them through the DP. It actually works well, except they get the "Clean the slit glass" message a lot (guess the edge of the receipt shows as dirt on the glass). This machine doesn't have u326, and "correct fine line" is on. Anyone have a suggestion to remedy this? Maybe a prescribe command to turn the function off?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Ecosys M6535 cidn "Clean the Slit Glass"

Quote Originally Posted by tcook View Post
    Customer tapes receipts to their originals and runs them through the DP. It actually works well, except they get the "Clean the slit glass" message a lot (guess the edge of the receipt shows as dirt on the glass). This machine doesn't have u326, and "correct fine line" is on. Anyone have a suggestion to remedy this? Maybe a prescribe command to turn the function off?
    No it is not the edge of the receipt, it is the adhesive on the tape that gets stuck to the glass and collects dirt then causing the clean slit glass message, even with correct fine line turned on, the dirt eventually gets built up to beyond where the machine can correct it. If the customer does not want to use the platen glass to scan the originals, then they will have to learn to live with cleaning the slit glass on occasion.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I have a Toshiba customer that does this. I regularly get calls for skewed copies and scans. She shows me copies and scans of these LTR-R pages with multiple receipts taped on, and some of the receipts on the page are askew. She explains that she has been doing this for years, and it's always been a problem on our machines (no big surprise there).

I explain that the main purpose of a document feeder is to separate pieces of paper for scanning. It's trying to do just that. There is nothing mechanically wrong with the document feeder. If it didn't separate pieces of paper it wouldn't be a very good document feeder. So far repetition hasn't helped. Good luck. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    No it is not the edge of the receipt, it is the adhesive on the tape that gets stuck to the glass and collects dirt then causing the clean slit glass message, even with correct fine line turned on, the dirt eventually gets built up to beyond where the machine can correct it. If the customer does not want to use the platen glass to scan the originals, then they will have to learn to live with cleaning the slit glass on occasion.
    I thought this, too, at first. But the slit glass is clean. It just randomly pops up with the "clean" message.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I have a Toshiba customer that does this. I regularly get calls for skewed copies and scans. She shows me copies and scans of these LTR-R pages with multiple receipts taped on, and some of the receipts on the page are askew. She explains that she has been doing this for years, and it's always been a problem on our machines (no big surprise there).

I explain that the main purpose of a document feeder is to separate pieces of paper for scanning. It's trying to do just that. There is nothing mechanically wrong with the document feeder. If it didn't separate pieces of paper it wouldn't be a very good document feeder. So far repetition hasn't helped. Good luck. =^..^=
    Yeah, the customer was told this wasn't the intended purpose, but what can you do?