Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

TASKalfa 2552ci main cover open waste bottle not installed

Hi all, just want to see if anyone has had this issue with these dam machines, the copier says that the main cover is open, install waste box. I have ordered the wtb assume and should hopefully see it next week, does anyone have a temp fix for this issue, I’m assuming it’s the Waste door switch failed?. I have tried firmware but no luck. Any info appreciated

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: TASKalfa 2552ci main cover open waste bottle not installed

elementary question have you removed the WTB and reinserted it?? Kyocera has told us to not to install the WTB till it gets to its final destination to try to avoid this issue.. Hope it helps

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The WTB you ordered will fix your problem, be aware though that there is a new updated WT door also The old ones warp and pop open when on there own. I would get the door!

is the ground the tiniest bit uneven, was a problem for me, only the slightest lean caused me to have waste toner full

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

This may not be your problem but I had one that was calling to install the waste toner bottle and I couldn't satisfy the machine even with a new bottle

As it turns out the black toner was empty and it was really prompting me to remove the black toner and install it as a waste bottle

If you haven't been to class on this model you may not know that an empty black bottle is designed to be re-purposed as a waste bottle

I don't know why the message was so misleading

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The only thing is that the copier is saying that the main cover is open followed by install waste box, so im assuming that the waste door switch isn't being activated, if only these copiers had some way of testing cover switches in maintenance mode, it doesn't matter which door or cover you open it indicates main cover open , very confusing. I'm hoping that the wtb arrives tomorrow so I can test

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

When you get your wtb assy. make sure that you follow the disassembly directions. It will take about 2 hours.

Defective Technician 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taskalfa View Post
    The only thing is that the copier is saying that the main cover is open followed by install waste box, so im assuming that the waste door switch isn't being activated, if only these copiers had some way of testing cover switches in maintenance mode, it doesn't matter which door or cover you open it indicates main cover open , very confusing. I'm hoping that the wtb arrives tomorrow so I can test
    You might want to take a look at this.QA_H159_2ND_0067_SB.pdf

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Just a follow up, installed wtb and all is working, I think it was only that switch assym underneath the wtb that needed replacing as it wasn't recognising door closing , and if you've noticed that no matter which door or cover you open it always says "main unit cover open" what's with that

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Some of these early copiers have sticky door switch cams at the sensor, so it sticks in the position that indicates door open. I have posted my workaround for that specific issue here before.
    It gets replaced in the new wtb assembly.