Thread: Error c8100

Error c8100

Hi iam facing error code 8100 in taskalfa 6052ci.Its intermittent if i do reset machine works fine for few days and the code comes back.can anyone help me with this

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Re: Error c8100

Quote Originally Posted by naveen naidu View Post
    Hi iam facing error code 8100 in taskalfa 6052ci.Its intermittent if i do reset machine works fine for few days and the code comes back.can anyone help me with this
    DF eject error....hmmmm. Any chance the users are trying to collect their job before the machine has fully ejected it?

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply,i have not checked with the user.will check.Any othr possibilities.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Error c8100

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    DF eject error....hmmmm. Any chance the users are trying to collect their job before the machine has fully ejected it?
    I came across this today, and I think that's exactly what's happening. there are a bunch of J6511 jams, then a minute later C8100 which isolates the finisher elevator tray.

The first thing I noticed was that two of the toner cartridges were at 100%. Here's what I believe happened:
    In the middle of a heavy fill job (and they do heavy fill jobs) the machine goes into a toner add cycle. Impatient Enduser sees those pages sitting in the stacker tray and can't resist pulling the pages. The next page through registers a J6511. And if you remove all the paper jams excepting the one in the stacker tray the paper eject release section can't home: C8100

I was able to verify some of this. I ran heavy enough fill to send the machine into a toner add cycle. When I pulled the paper from the stacker tray, the MFP finished it's toner add cycle, and the next page out jammed J6511. I left the one jam at the stacker tray, but the jam code would not clear so the paper eject release section didn't try to home. I think a paper jam positioned just right, might not trigger the sensor.

Testing the motor and sensor in U240/U241 worked every time. I'm convinced that it's some kind of behavior problem, but I don't expect to ever see it happen in person. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Error c8100

This reminds me of the Ricoh AF1232C with the exact same issue:

Misfeeds (jam code 105), regardless of paper source, with finisher. Frequently no jammed paper is found. The serviceman never sees any jamming.

The customer removes the paper prematurely from the finisher when stapling. This copier is irritatingly slow, and interrupts its copying with 'Self Checking' and 'Color Adjust' functions frequently.

Any time "Copying" is displayed, finished copies cannot be removed from the finisher, especially during 'Self Checking' and 'Color Adjust' functions, even if the main drive stops momentarily. Sorry, it's just really slow.

=^..^=

Error c8100

One more comment:

I was just browsing the database and came across a reference to the C8100 errors. It seems that if paper skews from tray #3 and/or tray #4 it can pass all the way through the machine to the finisher and jam J6511 in the eject release section, and occasionally cause a C8100.

To resolve the paper skew, the solution is to trim the stack height flag from ~12mm to ~10mm, raising the paper stack height ~2mm (to miss the right edge of the tray).

When I see this machine again I'll give this a try. I didn't see the 0523/0524 jams, but you don't always get the jams in the tray. Sometimes it presents with just a dog-ear or paper skew:
    PF-7110 intermittent dog eared on new 4003 series

=^..^=